When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice trip to Vegas until...

M5kirk

got home and found that I didn't have my watch case with me (6 watch travel case that my wife got for me). I know exactly where I left it... I was packing and took it out and placed it on a cabinet in the bedroom closet... forgot to put it back in suitcase. Anyway, called Wynn security after getting home and housekeeping hadn't turned anything in... they talked to the girl who cleaned the suite after I left and she claims that she didn't find anything... it now has new occupants. I have a feeling that I'm never going to see the watches again... here's what I've lost....

• SS IWC Inge
  • IWC GST Titanium
  • PAM 172 on a Europelli Blue Stitch Cordovan strap
  • PAM 127 (latest from Josh) on a Europelli strap
  • Genuine Omega Speedmaster Schumacher

Fortunately I was wearing my new IWC AMG Titanium on nylon strap from River so I've still got that one.

Crappy way to end a great trip.... just thought I'd share my sorrow with the group.

Cheers!

Kirk

That sucks. I travel regularly for my job, and about a month ago I flew on a small Embraer that didn't have enough room in the overhead bin for my carry on. I had to check it plane side, and after I got on the plane I remembered that I had left my Seamaster Professional and a Submariner in it. I was only slightly concerned, but when I got to my destination I noticed that the outside zipper was unzipped. That was where I had stashed the watches. I immediately looked, and they were gone. I was [censored]. When you include shipping and WU fees, I had $500 wrapped up in those two watches, but there was no way for me to get any money back from Delta, or even claim them on my homeowners insurance because they were reps.

Can't you claim your Omega on your homeowners insurance? It won't pay for everything, but at least you'll get some of your money back.

got home and found that I didn't have my watch case with me (6 watch travel case that my wife got for me). I know exactly where I left it... I was packing and took it out and placed it on a cabinet in the bedroom closet... forgot to put it back in suitcase. Anyway, called Wynn security after getting home and housekeeping hadn't turned anything in... they talked to the girl who cleaned the suite after I left and she claims that she didn't find anything... it now has new occupants. I have a feeling that I'm never going to see the watches again... here's what I've lost....
  • SS IWC Inge
  • IWC GST Titanium
  • PAM 172 on a Europelli Blue Stitch Cordovan strap
  • PAM 127 (latest from Josh) on a Europelli strap
  • Genuine Omega Speedmaster Schumacher

Fortunately I was wearing my new IWC AMG Titanium on nylon strap from River so I've still got that one.

Crappy way to end a great trip.... just thought I'd share my sorrow with the group.

Cheers!

Kirk

I can only imagine the sick feeling you must have had. On the bright side, at least they weren't gens!! And in the grand scheme of things, this stuff is replaceable.

That's a sad story :(

And you lost a GENUINE Omega Speedmaster - even worse :( Hopefully you can claim that on insurance after producing the box and receipts etc, but they may say it was due to your own negligence, but I wish you could luck. It doesn't hurt to try.

If I travel, it is usually with 2 watches, so when I go out and fly back, I wear one on each wrist. Can't forget it that way.

Yeah... I normally don't travel with that many but I was in Vegas for 9 days of business/pleasure and figured I'd use 'em. I just console myself with the thought of whoever has them taking them somewhere to sell/pawn them thinking they're going to get thousands of $$$ and being sorely disappointed. Maybe after trying to sell a few and discovering they're fake they won't even make it to trying to sell the gen Omega.

Cheers!

Kirk

Yeah... I normally don't travel with that many but I was in Vegas for 9 days of business/pleasure and figured I'd use 'em. I just console myself with the thought of whoever has them taking them somewhere to sell/pawn them thinking they're going to get thousands of $$$ and being sorely disappointed. Maybe after trying to sell a few and discovering they're fake they won't even make it to trying to sell the gen Omega.

Cheers!

Kirk

I hope you won a lot of money out in LV at least :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Bummer. I used to travel with all of my prizes too but I discovered a tool watch and a dress watch were usually all I needed. LV might be a different story though. Every situation might need the ideal watch!

Someone must have thought they hit the mother lode. As much as it hurts, it's probably a good advertisement for traveling with reps instead of expensive gens.

Theft is theft. I'm not sure your insurance company needs to know your role in it in detail. Just tell them the Omega was stolen out of your hotel room