When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finepics, Where are you!

2manywatches

I hate to do this sort of thing but when your ignored all the time you have no choice. I sent Finepics my datewheel for my 7753 daylight over a year ago. A few moths ago he sent me back a datewheel that was blurry and very poor in quality. I know Im not the only one who got the bad datewheels and I know some people got good ones. Any way he said send it back for a reprint and thats what I did. I told him I would take care of him in the end I just wanted what I paid for. Now months later I have emailed and PM'ed many many times with no response what so ever. I bought the 7753 daylight when it first came out and paid top dollar for it, then spent about $400-500 on mods. Everything is done but I have not date wheel to put in it so I hope you can understand my concern. All I want is my part back or to at least know you are working on it and when I can expect it back. I have tried to source others and no luck. The Zigmeister originally had the watch and for some reason sent it back to me with the bad date wheel and a poor lume job. I sent to rbj69 to re-lume and send the date wheel off to Finepics again. With no response from Finepics I began looking for a ETA one and the only one who had them was The Zigmeister. He said he would sell me one and asked whats up with the watch. I told him rbj69 had it and he said he would not help me because rbj69 had the watch, unreal for a grown man to act so childish. Finepics, I have been very fair, patient, and understanding, now I demand a response.

V

Edited by Admin
Names edited

Don't we have rules and regulations here about members signing up under different names and tricking people into thinking they are someone they are not????

UNREAL for someone to sign up under a different board name since they knew that I had banned them and blocked them from PM’ing and emailing me… Since when do you decide who I sell parts to? Oh right, you like to try and intimidate and threaten people when you don’t’ get your way. Sorry, that may work in your personal life, but it does not work on me… I decide what I do and who I deal with, not you.

Ziggy originally had the watch and for some reason sent it back to me with the bad date wheel and a poor lume job.
I sent it back with the Finepics datewheel, it’s not my fault it was bad. You know very well why your watch was sent back to you with the finepics datewheel installed, I had enough of you and your threats and demands, and cut my losses. Bad lume job? Not likely…

…would not help me because Joe had the watch, unreal for a grown man to act so childish.

Not unreal, smart business if you ask me. I do indeed have plenty of 7753 datewheels in my hands, and for you to pose as someone else, and try and trick me into selling you one, for that alone, I think the admin here should ban you from the site. That is dishonest, but given how and what you said to me on emails, how you treated my lady associate and called her everything under the sun including a liar, and then threatened us both, I am not at all surprised that you would stoop to changing you board name.

To the Mods and Admin, I think you need to review my comments, and take action as you see fit. I have banned and marked many members as ignored for valid reasons, when someone can sign up under a different name, and circumvent my banning of them in the first place, this place looses it's integrity.

So much for using the tools here to screen those that are trouble makers…

And didn’t we just say that it wasn’t a good idea to use personal names on the forum ****, please edit your posts are needed and remove mine. Thank you.

now I demand a response.

That is but the tip of the iceberg of your personality, DEMAND indeed...

RG

Edited by Admin
Name edited out

Don't we have rules and regulations here about members signing up under different names and tricking people into thinking they are someone they are not????
Yes, we do. Every member is only allowed one account.

To the Mods and Admin, I think you need to review my comments, and take action as you see fit. I have banned and marked many members as ignored for valid reasons, when someone can sign up under a different name, and circumvent my banning of them in the first place, this place looses it's integrity.

So much for using the tools here to screen those that are trouble makers…

There are NO tools available that will automatically identify a member that has signed up with multiple memberships. We rely on the help of the members to identify members with more than one username so that we can investigate.

Yes, we do. Every member is only allowed one account.

Seems this did not work in this instance.

There are NO tools available that will automatically identify a member that has signed up with multiple memberships. We rely on the help of the members to identify members with more than one username so that we can investigate.

Thanks for the feedback.

Very disapointing to hear this, since I have about 150 names on my blocked list, and to find out all they need to do is sign up again under a new name, well that is not good news.

I guess I have to re-think who I respond to from now on, probably going to end up hurting those that are new, or have few posts since I am going to be very cautious from here on in...

I still think this particular situation is unaceptable, given the circumstances.

RG

The Zigmeister, you had nothing to do with me changing my name what so ever, so why act like you did? I changed my name for business reasons as posted when I explained to everyone why I changed my name since you can search on google and I didnt feel that I should be associated with fake items.. Dont act like you had anything to do with it. Also anyone who doubts me, just ask me for any of my extensive references or simply shoot Angus, Trusty, or Rbj69 an email asking about me and Im sure they will tell you that I have been an honest member for a long time. The Zigmeister, I guess you are trying to discredit the bad review that you received from me and which you cannot deney. There are pics to show it. I would do the same thing, bottom line is for the people that know me, you cant. In any case I didnt want start a war about you, as I really dont care to be in contact with you and I apologize for bringing you into this as it does not concern you. That is my mistake. I just found it a bit funny that after you contacted me and found out who I was, you took back your offer, which is your right to do so. I just wanted my part that I have paid for back. Also being a business man, I would never call anyone names, I did "demand" a response becuase I recieved my watch that I felt was unfinished and you did not respon to me. Calling you or anyone else names would not get me too far. But try to trick you into selling me a datewheel, lets not forget bro, you contacted me with that PM saying you had them, remember....

And deltatahoe, you dont know all three sides of the story so you really dont have any right telling me to find somewhere else

Admin:

Please do investigate, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have nothing to hide nor fear.

I think, considering that this forum is for watch discussions, not a trading forum, you as a dealer/business man simply have to take a little bad with the good. You apparantly have had problems with 150 customers, but I guess you have also exposed your business to a large comunity and been able to make a lot of money on it.

Having said that, I would also like to say that I do appreciate your posts on movements. Very educational. Thanks.

Seems this did not work in this instance.

Thanks for the feedback.

Very disapointing to hear this, since I have about 150 names on my blocked list, and to find out all they need to do is sign up again under a new name, well that is not good news.

I guess I have to re-think who I respond to from now on, probably going to end up hurting those that are new, or have few posts since I am going to be very cautious from here on in...

I still think this particular situation is unaceptable, given the circumstances.

RG

I agree I have seen a lot of his work and never heard of anything bad. I have always heard good things about him, thats why I choose to send my watch to him. I should have put that differently, the lume work was great, it was just the wrong color, thus it must be done again. Rbj69 has pics of this and I will email him and ask him to post, if he dosent mind the fun.

I think, considering that this forum is for watch discussions, not a trading forum, you as a dealer/business man simply have to take a little bad with the good. You apparantly have had problems with 150 customers, but I guess you have also exposed your business to a large comunity and been able to make a lot of money on it.

There are bad customers, and then there are threats, insults, and just nasty people. There is a difference... How in the world would you know if, and how much money, I make? Ever priced the tooling it takes to service watches?

You misunderstood, I dont' have 150 "bad" customers, my blocked list is around 150 members that for my own reasons, I choose to not want to listen to, or doing any business with. The blocked list on the forums, and bad customers, are not the same.

I would say I have had just over a dozen customers that I would not do business with again, which is fine by me. It's all part of offering services to the public at large. I know what I offer, and make no apoligies for how I conduct myself, treat me right, and you get 110% back...

Glad you like the technical posts, I have more to come during my holiday from the bench...stay tuned.

@2manywatches

As a business man, you sure have a way to threaten, insult, and be extremely rude to people, especially my associate who as everyone knows does all my emails...you know very well what you said, and that is why your watch went back - no other reason at all... You did it, not me...I offered you twice ETA datewheels, and you screwed me around. And once the threats started, I was glad I cut my losses and had nothing further to do with you.

As for the lume job, the dial had C3 colour based lume as supplied, all the 188/196's I have done were in C3, you did not specify or request any "special" colour, so I did it in what it was originally - C3. I fail to see how that qualifies as a "failure" on my part. I wait with baited breath for the correct lume job pictures, please post them in close up detail and living colour. Use this picture of a recent lume job I did for your guide...please no "glowing" pictures, we want to see the daylight detail and special colour.

235315-11356.jpg

And yes indeed I did contact you on PM after I saw your dilema, as it's my nature to help members here. I found out today in your post above who you were, not before. No matter who it was, any watch that has been in the hands of BRJ69, I refuse to work on, simply my choice, that's all...been there done that...we all know the outcome...

As I said in my original PM to you, there are many members looking for their datewheels from finepics, strange how you did not identify yourself to me initially...we both know that if I had an inkling of who you were, I would not have offered my services to you...you burnt that bridge in December.

RG

The Zigmeister,

Per my above post. I was rude towards you an I apologize for that. Please show me where I threatened you or called you any names because I cant seem to remember that. Thats because it never happened. I stand behind what I said and I never insulted your assistant or called her names. That is just not in my nature and for you to make something like that up, I feel bad for you. You did offer me the date wheel and I asked you to hold it for me for a few days until I heard from Finepics, you said you could not do so. I then replied that I will take it so I didnt loose it and you had already sold it in a matter of a few minutes. That didnt help. As for the lume on my daylight, the color was way off. I didnt realize I had to ask for the same color as the gen. I put mine side by side a gen 196 and it was not right. I dont know what color you used as I dont know anything about that stuff but as soon as I hear back from Rbj69 I will post pics to show you what Im talking about. I should have just posted pics before I sent it to Rbj69 and been done with it. Did you ever consider the fact that you may have mad an error? What would I get out of making this up? Nothing but an argument with you over who is wrong. At this point I dont care about the lume or what you want to fabricate that I said about you. I care about a response from finepics or an ETA date wheel.

Ziggy,

Per my above post. I was rude towards you an I apologize for that. Please show me where I threatened you or called you any names because I cant seem to remember that. Thats because it never happened. I stand behind what I said and I never insulted your assistant or called her names. That is just not in my nature and for you to make something like that up, I feel bad for you. You did offer me the date wheel and I asked you to hold it for me for a few days until I heard from Finepics, you said you could not do so. I then replied that I will take it so I didnt loose it and you had already sold it in a matter of a few minutes. That didnt help. As for the lume on my daylight, the color was way off. I didnt realize I had to ask for the same color as the gen. I put mine side by side a gen 196 and it was not right. I dont know what color you used as I dont know anything about that stuff but as soon as I hear back from Rbj69 I will post pics to show you what Im talking about. I should have just posted pics before I sent it to Rbj69 and been done with it. Did you ever consider the fact that you may have mad an error? What would I get out of making this up? Nothing but an argument with you over who is wrong. At this point I dont care about the lume or what you want to fabricate that I said about you. I care about a response from finepics or an ETA date wheel.

Apology accepted, my name should not have formed any part of the original post.

We both know what was said on email, and so does my associate, I am not about to post personal emails here on the forum. I just re-read them, and I stand by my comments, why else would I refuse to do work for you?

I offered you ETA 7753 datewheels - twice - the demand was great, and both times I gave you first right of refusal, you refused, so I went to the next person.

Since many members here also own genuine watches, it's strange that no one ever asked for anything but C3 on their 188/196. Until your comments just now, no one has ever said it was not C3. If you wanted another colour, all you had to do was ask. My job is not to research each and every lume colour on each and every model of watch that is sent to me, unless you ask for a special colour, it gets lumed in the base colour it has when it gets here. Making an error would presume I knew the difference or had direction going in, I didn't have either, yet it's my fault.

Mr Gladeraider send a handful of MBW's with various colours of lume, he specified they all be lumed C1 white, so that is what he got - C1. You didn't ask, I did what everyone else accepted, and continues to accept.

I work with many people, some for many years, if I was that difficult to deal with, or a [censored], it would not take long for the word to get around...they keep coming back for one reason, the quality and service.

RG

And I can say something about the banning questions that The Zigmeister has posted. I used to mod a fairly large forum and admin a couple of others. To make the story short, I've had fairly decent exposure to the forum and portal software packages and unless something changed in the last two years, the software behind forums doesn't really offer any way to effectively ban someone who doesn't want to get banned. Admins have access to a few extra hidden profile details, and can see our IPs but that's generally it. As long as one re-registers with an email that wasn't previously used and logs from another location / releases and renews WAN interface DHCP settings, the forum software assumes it is a brand new person.

+1 C3 is the correct lume color.

The Zigmeister's helped so manymembers on this and other boards, many times spending a lot of his personal time to give advice for free. He's helped me many times.

Honestly, he does not get nearly enough kudos for his contributions here.

Good on you, The Zigmeister. Thank you for your time and expertise.

again 2manywatches, how about some pics to show us the bad job of lume (which you now have clarified that it is not), and how about pictures of your friend's gen & your 196.

The Zigmeister did my 196 as well. great job. but I'd like to see the RBJ lume job also.....how about pictures of those as well?

again 2manywatches, how about some pics to show us the bad job of lume (which you now have clarified that it is not), and how about pictures of your friend's gen & your 196.

The Zigmeister did my 196 as well. great job. but I'd like to see the RBJ lume job also.....how about pictures of those as well?

don't hold your breathe on seeing the pictures... most ppl on this board already agreed to the right color of the lume....further shooting down his argument.

as far as i'm concerned, case closed on this one with The Zigmeister.

don't hold your breathe on seeing the pictures... most ppl on this board already agreed to the right color of the lume....further shooting down his argument.

as far as i'm concerned, case closed on this one with The Zigmeister.

Yea, pictures are needed at this point else he ought to written off a shill. My 196 with The Zigmeister-applied C3 looks identical to all the gens I've ever seen.... including the one below.

235994-11275.jpg