When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Submariner on NATO

TeeJay

Although I like the Submariner on SS bracelet as a 'smart' watch, it doesn't see nearly enough wrist time, because I know the chances of someone my age wearing a genuine Rolex are slim. I needed to buy the strap for my Casio dive watch, as it's own bracelet got broken, but, I think the strap might also serve to give the Submariner an occasional outing. Having looked at the ToyWatch site, I rather liked the look of the Submariners on NATO, as it has a more rugged/casual look, and, by wearing the watch on a strap rather than the original bracelet, viewers might think it was inherited rather than a recent purchase...

Without further ado...

235660-11326.jpg

235660-11327.jpg

I think the NATO strap looks cool...I bought one off the Bay (007) and find it the most uncomfortable strap in the history of creation.

Really? I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to be very comfortable at all, but was pleasantly surprized. Personally, I find that the velcro sports straps are the most uncomfortable.

I have my WM DRSD on a grey Nato and my gen vintage Omega Seamaster 300 on a black one. This protects the gen Omega bracelet from wear and avoids me having to wear the rep Rollie item which feels cheap and nasty, but then gen Rolex bracelets also feel a bit rubbish so I suppose it's accurate. I love the Natos and I think that they suit these 2 watches very well.