When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2893 GMT's

Watchmeister

Here is the latest and I would have to say it is completed. As usual, big thanks to Ziggy :

Relume, gen hands, Jimmy CG, Palp Crown and revised datewheel:

236154-11223.jpg

With his brother:

236154-11224.jpg

Final Mod for the brother on the left (that CG/crown combo looks rather pathetic) to come - if you are actually looking at this post and have been collecting PAM's for a while you know what you are looking at down below ;) :

236154-11225.jpg

The funny thing is here is what I have learned. On the A and B's our better rep crowns are really pretty good (typically they are about 1.90mm) but the CG is pretty lame. You have one of two choices - stick Palp crown in existing CG or best of all original crown which is about 1.95mm in thickness with a Jimmy CG and you end up with close to perfection. :)

Here is the latest and I would have to say it is completed. As usual, big thanks to The Zigmeister :

Relume, gen hands, Jimmy CG, Palp Crown and revised datewheel:

236156-11220.jpg

With his brother:

236156-11221.jpg

Final Mod for the brother on the left (that CG/crown combo looks rather pathetic) to come - if you are actually looking at this post and have been collecting PAM's for a while you know what you are looking at down below ;) :

236156-11222.jpg

Another great job by the master :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats on the Gen crown :whistling:

Just awful! :lol:

Amazing relume by Mr. Zig and perfect match with the gen hands (how in the world did you get a hold of these?). Those have to be most difficult dials to do correctly.

Fantastic pair. I don't think I'll be bringing my Pam GMTs over for comparison. :)

Excellent photos!

I think I will keep these awhile before selling them. ;) Kind of silly to have two but I do love those original movement PAM's. These will have taken me 15 months, came from Watchonpo and all-in cost close to $800-900 each. Then again it meets my original movement rep ratio (the Kruzer theory on rationalizing spending way too much on reps). Less than 15%. :lol:

Ziggy lumed these so long ago he may not remember. He usually uses c3 but he may have matched these up to either the original color on the rep or pictures.

I think I will keep these awhile before selling them. ;) Kind of silly to have two but I do love those original movement PAM's. These will have taken me 15 months, came from Watchonpo and cost close to $800-900 each. Then again it meets my original movement rep ratio (the Kruzer theory on rationalizing spending way too much on reps). Less than 15%. :lol:

Ziggy lumed these so long ago he may not remember. He usually uses c3 but he may have matched these up to either the original color on the rep or pictures.

those rock...you gotta love the 2893 movement...now where in the phuck am i gonna source some gen hands for mine.

thanks for the pix

If you are willing to pay the price the hands are usually available from Michael at Adam-co.

Gorgeous!! Lello datewheel on the 063?

I contacted Michael a few months ago and after receiving his quote, decided that the 063 rep hands were plenty good for me. Of course his price has increased significantly, I think, since you got yours. Also, the set didn't seem to include the GMT hand which is the more obvious hands related flaw on my watch anyhow...

Awesome!

A great way to use your more-than-100-bucks crown! :D

But... any improved cyclops there?!? :blink:

Beautiful modded watches my friend... although GMT's are not my taste..

Can you please let me know how you will put the original crown through the case crown tube? :p

I have one laying around and haven't figured out the way..yet..

P.S. THe one on his 63 is a palp crown not the OEM ;)

Sssurfer-

I am fairly sure it is the Watchmaster cyclops.

Ah, so. :D

I would have got quite surprised it wasn't. ;)

Not bad Warren :whistling:

How do you like mine? Received it just today: The Zigmeister did the (vintage) lume, swapped DW and 7mm cyclops. The crown is a fat palp piece, too. Of course my baby is engined by a 2893 :thumbsupsmileyanim: Ah, you can't see it (bad pic): The Zigmeister also changed the "L" into a "T". Pic shows my 029 on a BOB alligator strap in cognac with black edges.

Enjoy:

236809-11054.jpg