When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please offer an opinion regarding this new Gen

solicitor

Okay. Maybe I have a weird taste in watches, but I kind of like this new sport chrono. The date display and the seconds hand at 9:00 are cool IMO. Everyone on TZ has laughed at it, placing it in the same league as the Zenith Xtreme Defy line.

Am I the only one who likes it?

Very limited info. available. Price not known as this time. I'll post more as I find it:

Concord C1 Auto Chronograph

COSC Certified Movement

--25 jewel, Valgranges Caliber A07.211

--48 power reserve

Stainless Steel Case-44mm-

--16.70 thick

--protective rubber coated steel ring

Carbon fibre/metal dial

--superluminova markers, etc.

Crown is steel/rubber/composite

Water resistant to 200meters

3.30 thick sapphire crystal

Transparent caseback

Vulcanized rubber strap

--Stainless Steel Bracelet available

Limited Edition to 100 pieces

237644-10811.jpg

237644-10812.jpg

I'd be interested to see the actual watch rather than a photoshop rendering of it...

I can see why people dislike it, but, I rather like it. I probably wouldn't wear one myself, as it's not the style that I like to wear, but, I think it's a nice looking watch. Do you have any other info on it like the make or cost?

I'd be interested to see the actual watch rather than a photoshop rendering of it...

I can see why people dislike it, but, I rather like it. I probably wouldn't wear one myself, as it's not the style that I like to wear, but, I think it's a nice looking watch. Do you have any other info on it like the make or cost?

Very limited info. available. Price not known as this time. I'll post more when I find it:

Concord C1 Auto Chronograph

COSC Certified Movement

--25 jewel, Valgranges Caliber A07.211

--48 power reserve

Stainless Steel Case-44mm-

--16.70 thick

--protective rubber coated steel ring

Crown is steel/rubber/composite

Water resistant to 200meters

3.30 thick sapphire crystal

Carbon fibre/metal dial

--superluminova markers, etc.

Transparent caseback

Vulcanized rubber strap

--Stainless Steel Bracelet available

Limited Edition to 100 pieces

As long as YOU like it, then you should disregard others negative comments en go ahead and enjoy :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

Is there anything more difficult to comment than taste ? :p

At least it's not looking like other watches.

If you get it, wear it well !

Cheers

Stephane

If you like the rubber ROO, you should like this. Looks cool to me. Here's what International watch says:

"The C1 is the beginning of what Perriard describes as “a revolution, not just an evolution” of the brand, which will position it firmly within the luxury realm. Concord’s average price point will soar from its current average of $3,500 to $8,000-$12,000. The brand is also set to serve as the showcase for new movements within the Movado Group of brands, which includes Concord, Movado, ESQ, Tommy Hilfiger, Ebel, Coach and Hugo Boss."

Who cares what a bunch of us losers on an internet forum think? If YOU like it, BUY it. I personally think it's a bit extreme for for what I'd wear, but I do actually like it...in fact I like it more than the Zenith.

Let us know what you decide.

Who cares what a bunch of us losers on an internet forum think? If YOU like it, BUY it. I personally think it's a bit extreme for for what I'd wear, but I do actually like it...in fact I like it more than the Zenith.

Let us know what you decide.

I don't consider anyone on this forum a loser, but I understand your point. I like the watch, but until I get to see it for real I'm not likely to buy it.

Also, I suspect it may be a wee bit too expensive. I'm having difficulty finding out the MSRP, but am still investigating.

I have read that it may not be available until December anyway, so I'm sure other watches will take precedence long before then.

Thanks for the input!

Interestingly, this has been compared to the hard to get Hublot Big Bang. I didn't care much for the HBB when I first saw it, but it has grown on me over time. I haven't bought the rep because of the Asian movement, and the gen is far too expensive for me, if not overpriced. The Hublot has a waiting list, so there aren't any decent discounts available.

I wonder if the C1 might grow on people, too. Then again, at a LE of only 100 watches Concord obviously isn't certain of the likely demand for this watch. And I'm sure they intend to keep it exclusive by charging a small fortune for this watch. Too much for my budget!