When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Praise to UBI thread

fotoman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've always enjoyed having UBI here on the forum.. he is always helpful and very cool. although....i am mad at him because he bought my favorite watch i built and wont give it back!!! LOL! J/K... seriously, the forum would not be the same without "quality over quantity" and $3500 daytona reps.....and UBI! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ubi has helped me so many times in so many ways; he always has the most informative posts.

I hope he can find another challenge for himself now that his two great daytonas are complete.

I am constantly amazed at his ablity to look at a watch and just know everything about it. Like if a rolex sub has a gen tube - always amazes me he can just tell.

Thanks you ubi for all you have given.

Man... Yes... I am blushing here... And I am without words. You guys have seriously made my week... No... Made my month. Thank you!

I must admit... Even when I try to distance myself from RWG, I simply cannot. I miss my pals :console:

ff- With the new 1911 BTR on your wrist, would the Omega skeleton even get any wrist time??

:lol:

Man... Yes... I am blushing here... And I am without words. You guys have seriously made my week... No... Made my month. Thank you!

I must admit... Even when I try to distance myself from RWG, I simply cannot. I miss my pals :console:

ff- With the new 1911 BTR on your wrist, would the Omega skeleton even get any wrist time??

:lol:

:Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy:

I've had the pleasure too...

Have drinks with Ubi...

Break bread with Ubi...

Exchange conversation with Ubi...

Purchase a MBW from Ubi...

Works out some Mods with Ubi...

Receive some custom Inserts from Ubi...

And...

Share "When People Gather, Life Happens" with Ubi...

Some folks just make RWG a better place...

Thanks R...

M

So I'm not the only one who thinks he's a gent then?! :D

Seriously - in a world of scammers, cheaters and people generally looking to take advantage of you, Randy is the diametric opposite. An honest and generous man with friend and stranger alike.

Blush away, Ubi! :lol: You try to leave us for a few days and see what happens. :)

I usually do not buy parts without consulting Ubi beforehand. He's kept me out of trouble on more than a few occasions and directed me to those sellers that were 100% legit. It's a mine field out there when it comes to OEM parts but not so with Ubi's expertise and guidance.

I recently received his old MBW 1680 (many thanks TT) and found the bezel washer was missing, which is the way he received it. No problem.....let me look though my magic tool box and see if I have one....bingo, a perfect fit shows up in my mailbox.

What can I say. Always a total pleasure to chat with and one of the most helpful and generous individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing.

All the best!

Cheers,

J

jumping on the UBI bandwagon:

Yes he rocks, without his OK I'd never bought my GMT II. Thx a lot still love the watch

(although I have the hots for my neighbor's rosegold HBB)

on the other hand HE SUCKS: still does not want to sell one of his franken daytona's :-))

(for the oblivious.. just kidding here)

Not that Ubi isn't a genius but who in their right mind would ever be a politician in the USA. You are underpaid, put under an intense spotlight that can easily ruin you and your family's life and are subject to intense ridicule whether you deserve it or not. With that job description the only people you are going to attract are a.) people who can't make it in the real world; b.) complete meglomaniacs or c:) billionaires who don't care what we think. For God's sake, only in this country would a country try and impeach a guy for having an affair. In any case, I will take the billionaire. ;) Mike Bloomberg for President. :)

No problem.....let me look though my magic tool box and see if I have one....bingo, a perfect fit

I swear there are some keebler elves in that thing.... I have wondered since it just magically had the perfect size bracelet to fit the newest thin AP Royal Oak case with a little of his work (guessing more of his work than that of the elves).

Not that Ubi isn't a genius but who in their right mind would ever be a politician in the USA. You are underpaid, put under an intense spotlight that can easily ruin you and your family's life and are subject to intense ridicule whether you deserve it or not. With that job description the only people you are going to attract are a.) people who can't make it in the real world; b.) complete meglomaniacs or c:) billionaires who don't care what we think. For God's sake, only in this country would a country try and impeach a guy for having an affair. In any case, I will take the billionaire. ;) Mike Bloomberg for President. :)

Most politicians start out as young idealists who go down the path of thinking they can make a difference and by the time they realize what you've so eloquently articulated about the realities of politics, it's too late for them - or the greed and hunger for power has already got them in its grips. Now, my President can have all the affairs he wants, but if he'll go so far as to lie under oath, well then he deserves whatever comes to him. Me, I say politics as usual needs to be squashed. I'm going to have to temporarily relinquish my independent voter status so that I can cast a ballot in the primary.... Ron Paul for President! (Assuming Ubi decides not to run) :)