When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying a Watch - Payment Methods

resh

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question that requires a more experienced collectors' advice. I have been in talks with a seller who is very popular and highly recommened. The only problem is that the only payment method I have been offered is to pay cash in a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope.

Is this something that another member here has done before, resulting in a successful transaction?

Regards,

Resh

a seller who is very popular and highly recommened [...] the only payment method I have been offered is to pay cash in a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope.

this sounds fishy. cash in an envelope as one option, maybe, but the ONLY option? doesn't sound like any of our trusted "watch collectors".

deltatahoe

Hmmm, cash in an envelope - you didn't also ask the dealer to whack a guy for you did you? ;)

:whistling: maybe?!

I thought it was strange so I posted it up here to get everyones advice. How difficult can it be to get a dealer that accepts paypal? I am a newbie but i am looking to buy a shopping list of watches:

Tag Carrera (black face red dials)

Breitling Navi Fighters Edition

Omega SMP Chrono and Planet Ocean Black

How hard can it be to find a seller that wants to take a large amount of money off me? (and supply the goods of course!)

maybe the "very popular" dealer won't be so popular once you name him on the board?!!!

so who is the dealer?

I'm a firm but fair kind of guy so I'm going to wait a few more days for a response before I say anything. I wouldnt want to cause a stir unnecessarily.

I hope you agree.

:whistling: maybe?!

I thought it was strange so I posted it up here to get everyones advice. How difficult can it be to get a dealer that accepts paypal? I am a newbie but i am looking to buy a shopping list of watches:

Tag Carrera (black face red dials)

Breitling Navi Fighters Edition

Omega SMP Chrono and Planet Ocean Black

How hard can it be to find a seller that wants to take a large amount of money off me? (and supply the goods of course!)

PAYPAL ONLY for me! I would NEVER EVER send cash........

Have a look at www.xxxxx.com

He LOVES PAYPAL and drop ships anywhere using EMS Insured Airmail c/w Tracking Numbers.

(I hope it is OK to give a URL on this Board?)

If not, there goes my membership!

Edit by Admin: Link removed - Membership in tack...

TT

Have a look at www.xxx.com

He LOVES PAYPAL and drop ships anywhere using EMS Insured Airmail c/w Tracking Numbers.

wow!!!! only $495 for a REAL SWISS replica rolex?!!?!! :Jumpy::bangin::Jumpy::bangin:

All of our dealers should accept:

PayPal, Western Union, Money Bookers or Bank Wire Transfer.

Likely more than 1 of these methods.

Not all will accept PayPal and some may not today but will tomorrow, as PayPal has screwed people with accounts frozen, so don't be scared off if they won't take PayPal.

Don't send cash in an envelope, ask for them to accept one or more of the 4 I have listed above.

Cheers,

M

All of our dealers should accept:

PayPal, Western Union, Money Bookers or Bank Wire Transfer.

Likely more than 1 of these methods.

Not all will accept PayPal and some may not today but will tomorrow, as PayPal has screwed people with accounts frozen, so don't be scared off if they won't take PayPal.

Don't send cash in an envelope, ask for them to accept one or more of the 4 I have listed above.

Cheers,

M

Moneybookers.com is another good one.... much like Paypal - just as secure - but seems better organized.

Don

Seems really fishy to me.

Pictures of gens...

wow!!!! only $495 for a REAL SWISS replica rolex?!!?!! :Jumpy::bangin::Jumpy::bangin:

I read that as saying >> Swiss ETA MOVEMENT in a watch -- I thought the "blurb" said the watches were made in Japan or China depending on price and the top priced ones had Swiss ETA's.

(I guess I get confused easily.)

Warning: Rip off!

Hideously overpriced.

thanks pugwash...i thought my response would be an obvious "this is a rip off" warning, but given the responses, i don't think people picked up on my sarcasm....

If you look at the site posted in this link, compare the name to the user name of the poster, you can see that the guy who owns this site posted the link to his site in this thread. Not too cool!

It is a rip off!!!!!

You know...

When you long-term members see sites posted that are obvious scams, it might be a good thing for you to report it so we can remove the link...

Instead of quoting it in new posts...

Multiple Post have been edited in this Thread...

So when you see the PM in your message box, DON'T ask questions...

Forum Basics 101...

TT

PS: @TB - Thanks for the Heads-Up!