When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW: TTK Official Group Buy: Happy End ?

Stephane

Dear All,

Being part of a group buy is fantastic but is also very frustrating.

Waiting for everyone to choose their watch, set up a MoneyBookers account and pay TTK requires a certain amount of patience.

Now, having said that, it also teached me to be "part of a community buy" instead of being "selfish and on my own, screaming Where is MY watch".

I had a very stressy day/night these last 30 hours as we're moving, which is quite common.

But we do move our business prior to the home. And, moving the business means move two racks of servers linked to 6 E1 that are live 24/7.

Here a little movie from my fellow Christian D. about the move.

239826-10219.jpg

So, after almost 30 hours of sweating, I checked the post and

...but I'm still wandering if ordering a MBW different from a vintage model worth the extra money, like the GMT... did you have the opportunity to compare it to another one?

Well, I didn't yet check it out in details but what I noticed is that the writting is much smaller than the one on my regular rep thus closser to the gen.

The crown at six is completely invisible without a very very close look...

The bezel font is different to, the dat font and mag, the bracelet clasp...

So, only those details on the MBW GMT II are significant enough to my opinion to spend an extra 100$.

If only I had known RWG a year ago I wouldn't have spend almost 900

Great looking trio. I am also a satisfied group buyer, with the 1680. Although I noticed the 1680 dial has no lume. only the hands and the pearl. I guess it needs to be included as part of the mods when i get to it.

No worries about the lack of dial lume. A 30 year old + gen Tritium dial would have zero lume by now. Neither would the hands. You could always have the dial lumed and given the large surface areas of the hour markers, it would glow like a torch. :D

Great collection and as always, photos Stephane. :thumbsupsmileyanim: You've acquired some terrific pieces in a short period of time.....it took me a heck of a lot longer. :lol: Glad everything arrived safe and sound.

Great collection and as always, photos Stephane. :thumbsupsmileyanim: You've acquired some terrific pieces in a short period of time.....it took me a heck of a lot longer. :lol: Glad everything arrived safe and sound.

Thanks Jetsons. I'm a lucky bastard indeed ;)

Maybe I should throw my laptop away or find a new job in the night time to get more $$$ :g: