When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long for EMS delivery to UK?

Rob1

I have a watch on order from Joshua. The tracking info shows that the watch left China on 14 April, but since then there has been no updates on the tracking info (either on the EMS website or the UK's ParcelForce website). Another watch I bought at the same time took four days to arrive, even though both watches were despatched from China on the same day. Should I start to worry, or is it too early to be concerned about the watch going missing in transit/being picked up by Customs?

I have a watch on order from Joshua. The tracking info shows that the watch left China on 14 April, but since then there has been no updates on the tracking info (either on the EMS website or the UK's ParcelForce website). Another watch I bought at the same time took four days to arrive, even though both watches were despatched from China on the same day. Should I start to worry, or is it too early to be concerned about the watch going missing in transit/being picked up by Customs?

Mine was despatched 28 days ago by EMS from China. I'm in UK. No watch. :thumbdown:

That's bad! Have you been in touch with the dealer? How long did they say you should wait for EMS to deliver?

Yes, I've been in contact with the dealer and I'm confident that the problem will be resolved. Otherwise, I'd have mentioned his/her name here and complained. I'm probably the world's most impatient person so after 3 weeks of listening for the delivery van I'm getting a bit :Jumpy:

Yes, I've been in contact with the dealer and I'm confident that the problem will be resolved. Otherwise, I'd have mentioned his/her name here and complained. I'm probably the world's most impatient person so after 3 weeks of listening for the delivery van I'm getting a bit :Jumpy:

It doesn't normally take that long. does it appear on Parcelforces website? If so, what does it say, If it hasn't appeared on here it's likely lost in China, ask for a replacement.

If its showing as in the UK then ring Parcelforce and 'chase' it using the UL tracking number PF gives you.

This usually wakes them up, but last week my watch went via Nottingham as it went in the wrong van at the airport!!

If it says it is with Customs in Coventry DON'T chase it, it may, or may not reappear!

Rob

It doesn't normally take that long. does it appear on Parcelforces website? If so, what does it say, If it hasn't appeared on here it's likely lost in China, ask for a replacement.

If its showing as in the UK then ring Parcelforce and 'chase' it using the UL tracking number PF gives you.

This usually wakes them up, but last week my watch went via Nottingham as it went in the wrong van at the airport!!

If it says it is with Customs in Coventry DON'T chase it, it may, or may not reappear!

Rob

Yes it is on the ParcelForce website, and says the same as the EMS website ("left origin country on 15 April"). I'll give ParcelForce a call if there's no sign of progress by the end of the week.

After seeing all those posts, I was beginning to worry for a bit, mine left China to U.S. on 4/29. And it just kept showing that it had left China, but no update since then. This morning, when I looked, it said that it was into customs. When I went to lunch, I had a slip by post office that it was in their possesion already. And I picked it up about an hour ago, so really sometimes, you could get it before any other notification on the net shows. hope that can relieve stress for some of you.

I think I've only ever had one where the tracking info actually meant anything, and the longest anything has taken was somewhere between three and four weeks. I'm naturally impatient as well so it was a real nightmare.

Good luck :)

Do not trust these ems websites...they are so slow.

Most of the dealers from CN are dropshipping (they let the factory or somebody else ship for them and never never even see the watch they sold to you).

So the watch might aswell not have been shipped yet.

It happened to me that I got a tracking number that wasn't even correct and I only discovered it when the watch arrived (after 20 days or so) and the site was still saying "wrong tracking number"...

The dealer not even aware that the tracking number was not correct and was saying "try again in a couple of days..." over and over again.

Relax...If it seized by customs you will get a letter or a call anyway.

So: no call no letter means everything is fine.

Cheers

Stephane

Do not trust these ems websites...they are so slow.

Most of the dealers from CN are dropshipping (they let the factory or somebody else ship for them and never never even see the watch they sold to you).

So the watch might aswell not have been shipped yet.

It happened to me that I got a tracking number that wasn't even correct and I only discovered it when the watch arrived (after 20 days or so) and the site was still saying "wrong tracking number"...

The dealer not even aware that the tracking number was not correct and was saying "try again in a couple of days..." over and over again.

Relax...If it seized by customs you will get a letter or a call anyway.

So: no call no letter means everything is fine.

Cheers

Stephane

35 days since posted in China and counting..........................................no EMS info since

35 days since posted in China and counting..........................................no EMS info since

Hmmm, 2 weels is ok but 35 days is not at all; that is probably a dropshipping error. :yuk:

If it was a custom error you would already get the letter I presume.

You should ask your dealer to send another one to you as the first one is unlikely to arrive unless you are living very very far away from China, like on the moon for example.

Sorry