When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Submariner from Josh just came!

elprimerozen

The 300m and Chronometer on the dial do not line up.

It is a good place to start modding though, as mentioned...

Cheers :D

I will start modding the watch...i think i will snap the dial/movement from my noobmariner swiss eta to the perfect sub from josh,together with the bracelet.Then i will put on a gen bezel insert for start.

This one looks like a step backwards from the new and improved subs. It looks like the bracelet has solid mid links (if I'm wrong tell me). As was noted the "m"s don't line up. It has the old sticker with the gold numbers. The pearl is also not as correct as I have seen, though it is better than most. I got one in '05 from Paul that is more advanced than this one. I'm actually in the market for another sub, as my crown is stripped and I'm not inclined to repair it.

You said that this is Josh's expensive one? Does anyone have pics of the beginmariner - is it any better? Now I'm confused.

This one looks like a step backwards from the new and improved subs. It looks like the bracelet has solid mid links (if I'm wrong tell me). As was noted the "m"s don't line up. It has the old sticker with the gold numbers. The pearl is also not as correct as I have seen, though it is better than most. I got one in '05 from Paul that is more advanced than this one. I'm actually in the market for another sub, as my crown is stripped and I'm not inclined to repair it.

You said that this is Josh's expensive one? Does anyone have pics of the beginmariner - is it any better? Now I'm confused.

Yes the bracelet is with solid mid links..and its NO good!As for the dials the best i have seen is from my swiss eta noobmariner(see the pics)....The good things are...A very very nice crystal(sits high) a realy sharp and well made crown(its hard to tell the difference in feeling from my gen crown)

A nice case with one of the best rehaut i have seen.....Its in general the perfect base watch for modding!

ps:give me more info if you see something bad or good!

Thanks.

the bezel construction is the same as that of the mbw, i.e. bezel with a rubber gasket (same size as the caseback gasket), a ring plate with 3 thorns sticking out for clicking. This click mechanism is buttery soft and feels like the gen's. The bezel is nice and thick. Other than the teeth slightly rounded (mbw's are sharp, which I like better), the bezel profile is closer to gen's than the mbw's. The crystal is high and has near-gen bevel, but different from MBW's bevel (less slanted), both are close but not 100% like gen, good enough though. The rehaut is the same as my mbw's. My bracelet sucks, not only solid mid-links but big gaps. All in all a great foundation for mod. I bought mine from River for $250 shipped. Is Josh's the same price?

my tw best pics:

243090-9210.jpg

243090-9211.jpg

243090-9212.jpg

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

the bezel construction is the same as that of the mbw, i.e. bezel with a rubber gasket (same size as the caseback gasket), a ring plate with 3 thorns sticking out for clicking. This click mechanism is buttery soft and feels like the gen's. The bezel is nice and thick. Other than the teeth slightly rounded (mbw's are sharp, which I like better), the bezel profile is closer to gen's than the mbw's. The crystal is high and has near-gen bevel, but different from MBW's bevel (less slanted), The rehaut is the same as my mbw's. My bracelet sucks, not only solid mid-links but big gaps.

Thanks my friend :thumbsupsmileyanim: ! All the details you are saying are 100% correct about my watch.

Mine is for 320$.