When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The funniest thing just happened

jfreeman420

One of my business associates just came into my office. I have known him for several years. He owns two businesses (one of which is a franchise from me) and makes good money. He is a conservative guy. Wears t shirt and jeans every day. He has two Mercedes and has never had a decent watch as long as I have known him.

I look over and see a really bad Rolex Sub. Very weak date mag, old style end links that don't even fit to the case, horrible dial and maybe a 3 tick per second auto movement. I say to him "new watch"? He says "yeah. I'll tell you the truth its a knock off. You can't tell though right?" So I say "yeah nobody knows the difference." And I show him my two tone black dial daytona with cz hour markers (really a good rep from paul with solid gold mid links and all the new bells and whistles.) He says "that's a nice watch" I say "I got a guy in china that gets all the best stuff" We get to talking and he wants a gold yachtmaster. I tell him he'd be better off with a SS one so he says order it for me and I'll pay you whatever it is.

So off I go to order him a watch. I think I'll start him off with a good asian movement yacht for around $100. He doesn't know but this will be a gift from me. The first one is always free hehe.......

One of my business associates just came into my office. I have known him for several years. He owns two businesses (one of which is a franchise from me) and makes good money. He is a conservative guy. Wears t shirt and jeans every day. He has two Mercedes and has never had a decent watch as long as I have known him.

I look over and see a really bad Rolex Sub. Very weak date mag, old style end links that don't even fit to the case, horrible dial and maybe a 3 tick per second auto movement. I say to him "new watch"? He says "yeah. I'll tell you the truth its a knock off. You can't tell though right?" So I say "yeah nobody knows the difference." And I show him my two tone black dial daytona with cz hour markers (really a good rep from paul with solid gold mid links and all the new bells and whistles.) He says "that's a nice watch" I say "I got a guy in china that gets all the best stuff" We get to talking and he wants a gold yachtmaster. I tell him he'd be better off with a SS one so he says order it for me and I'll pay you whatever it is.

So off I go to order him a watch. I think I'll start him off with a good asian movement yacht for around $100. He doesn't know but this will be a gift from me. The first one is always free hehe.......

nice story. thanks for sharing.

My cousin's husband was proudly showing off his "terrific fake Ro*%$" at Christmas this year. Funny thing is the guy owns three houses and a suped up Porsche but wrist candy savy he is not. Anyway, I asked to see it and the thing was God awful..Summer Blue crap, lousy mag, terrible number font on the bezel....everything about it screamed $30 Canal Street. I showed him my SS Sub from Paul, pointed out the differences and guess what???? At easter he was sporting an ETA SSSub from the east that was just beautiful. He took careful notes at out Christmas meeting!

I've got a friend who is quite well off. Drives a new Aston Martin. Owns a gen Big Pilot and is into "watches". He shows up with the worst crap like Pam's with a fake tourbillion, etc.. He knows I collect reps as well as Gens, but thinks I always wear the gens (which I don't. they're just good reps). When I gently let him know his stuff sucks, he gets defensive, so I've decided to keep quiet, and let him think I only wear my gens, and that his stuff is ok. Ignorance is bliss.

He doesn't know but this will be a gift from me. The first one is always free hehe.......

...and when he comes for more...you'll charge him twice the real price...

just kidding...may I be your friend...a 100$ present watch is ok for me too... :whistling: ..not kidding! :bicycle:

I've got this buddy, who rolled into town from the East Coast last week, and he's sporting a PAM63 on his wrist. In his watch case, he has a gorgeous Rolex 5512, and then... He pulls out a WM 45mm Radiomir, so then I get to thinking... Are the 63 and the 5512 reps? The odds of someone not in our hobby forums knowing about WM and his one off examples are pretty slim (I figure)... So, I hold the PAM and examine... Thick crown and nice CG... Thick, bold date font and nice datemag... Cyclops looks to be bigger than your average rep cyclops... And then I check out the vintage Rol... Gen parts check out... Watch looks nice with a lot of character patina; consistent with a 40 year old watch...

Turns out... The watches were modded reps... And the owner was my pal kruzer00... So, this time... I ran into someone who is not only as addicted to reps as me, but also as addicted to modded reps as me as well :)

Okay... So, I knew kruzer was coming to town, and nothing was a surprise... It was a fun time none the less :D

I've got this buddy, who rolled into town from the East Coast last week, and he's sporting a PAM63 on his wrist. In his watch case, he has a gorgeous Rolex 5512, and then... He pulls out a WM 45mm Radiomir, so then I get to thinking... Are the 63 and the 5512 reps? The odds of someone not in our hobby forums knowing about WM and his one off examples are pretty slim (I figure)... So, I hold the PAM and examine... Thick crown and nice CG... Thick, bold date font and nice datemag... Cyclops looks to be bigger than your average rep cyclops... And then I check out the vintage Rol... Gen parts check out... Watch looks nice with a lot of character patina; consistent with a 40 year old watch...

Turns out... The watches were modded reps... And the owner was my pal kruzer00... So, this time... I ran into someone who is not only as addicted to reps as me, but also as addicted to modded reps as me as well :)

Okay... So, I knew kruzer was coming to town, and nothing was a surprise... It was a fun time none the less :D

He he!The same hapened to me with a guy ...he was sporting on his wrist a pam...rep??gen???i dont know,, i took the watch in my hand...nice crown guard thick, perfect dials..and the strap was great!!!The strap was exactly the same like our friend "V" has on his pam!...Then i realized i was talking with "V" and drinking coffe! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

He he!The same hapened to me with a guy ...he was sporting on his wrist a pam...rep??gen???i dont know,, i took the watch in my hand...nice crown guard thick, perfect dials..and the strap was great!!!The strap was exactly the same like our friend "V" has on his pam!...Then i realized i was talking with "V" and drinking coffe! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

V's a great guy... If you saw him recently, chances are it was gen :D

and does that mean you are in Athens? or "Gun City" ? ;)

Kruzer's a kool kat :thumbsupsmileyanim: