When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or Rep? Need help from Tag Experts

J-Auz

Hmm... First thought is that it is gen, hevy used though! Correct subdials ( no 24-hour), pearl looks good, bracelet looks ok.

I see that it is four hands on the centre post, is it some kind of a split-chrono?

I guess it is the same movement as is used in the Indy 500 (rep and gen), a Swatch and numerous other watches.. The movement is not very expensive, so it is possible that it was made a rep with all correct subdial functions, however I have never seen one.

If the overall impression of price and seller seemed ok, I could have jumped on this.

The bracelet looks 98% like mine. (Except my logo is bolder)

So, 2 solutions :

- either I have a close to perfect copy

- or this Tag is a rep

As for the watch itself, I'm unable to say, there are too many TAG models.

Tell us who's right ? :)

post-4381-1179044303_thumb.jpg

Got the watch in the mail over the weekend from the ebay auction. It is gen. The links look like they are all one piece but they really are two. One of the posts above said that it was a rep because of this. I think the links are so well made they fit together and look solid. Nice and heavy watch, especially for a Tag. Serial number is scratched out so I am betting the watch is hot. My very first nice watch was a Tag professional 200 I got for a high school graduation. Had gen rolex's and omega's since then. Never thought Id get another Tag, but this one feels so solid and big, unlike the professional 200. Very impressed with this Tag!

Got the watch in the mail over the weekend from the ebay auction. It is gen. The links look like they are all one piece but they really are two. One of the posts above said that it was a rep because of this. I think the links are so well made they fit together and look solid. Nice and heavy watch, especially for a Tag. Serial number is scratched out so I am betting the watch is hot. My very first nice watch was a Tag professional 200 I got for a high school graduation. Had gen rolex's and omega's since then. Never thought Id get another Tag, but this one feels so solid and big, unlike the professional 200. Very impressed with this Tag!

Glad you are happy with it, there can be found some nice deals on eBay once in a while... It is a cool quartz-watch! :)