When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Vintage

tgchrono2

Guest avitt
How can you or I tell if my watch has the VJ72 case?

The best way is to open the watch, and look at the movement. If that can't be done, post a picture of the side of the watch, showing the crown and the pushers.

ubiquitous I also Know you go to INSANE levels on your frankens. Im saying for out of the box this watch kicks butt. Im not saying that it has anything on the watches above that have GEN pushers dials ect and costing nearly $1500. Come on there FAKES no FAKE 6263 is gonna stand a chance with someone that knows these watches.

Tony,

That's my point. The watch you have is very nice, yes... But posting on a well known gen forum and getting offers to buy the watch? Veteran members and collectors know what to look for... They have to... Otherwise, they risk parting with large sums of money for a misrepresented item, which, no one I know really enjoys doing.

If I posted my DW with gen parts (which, yes, happens to be the correct 37.1mm diameter, 19mm lugs and asymmetric pushers), I am sure that someone would probably suspect something. Could they specifically identify the problem? Maybe not right away or maybe not without inspecting in person, but the experienced would probably have that gut feeling that something's not quite right.

248079-8255.jpg

248079-8256.jpg

Guest avitt

Judging by your case back, and dial, I'd say that you have the 7750 version. Considering that it came from Japan, 2 years ago, I'd venture that it's the same as the "ExtraExtra" 6263. That watch was quite coveted at the time, and some people were paying over $1000. I think that a couple have sold on the board recently, if you'd like to research the present value.

Judging by your case back, and dial, I'd say that you have the 7750 version. Considering that it came from Japan, 2 years ago, I'd venture that it's the same as the "ExtraExtra" 6263. That watch was quite coveted at the time, and some people were paying over $1000. I think that a couple have sold on the board recently, if you'd like to research the present value.

Im certain your correct mine is a EE. I couldn't find the value but heck its a fake who really cares about value.

It does look like yours is a 7750-based version. That Cadillac Escalade caseback gives it away. I love the 7750 as a movement, but it's a thick one. Sometimes it does not sit well casewise with various watch companies/models. Personally, I love Venus 178, Valjoux 72 and Lemania 5100 (my favorite workhorse :)).

Well, FWIW, my two DW 6263/5 kits powered with Valjoux 72 have these specs:

37mm diameter, 19mm lugs & asymetrical pushers (since the movement is V72).

They also accept genuine parts (crown, crown tube, crystal, bracelet, etc..)

The only thing closer to this is OEM.

And full retail value (relative) for OEM is ridiculous.

As a sincere 15+ years OEM vintage Rolex collector, I would never drop that amount of cash on reference 6263, 6265, 6239 etc. They are not worth the price. That's what reps are for :)

248114-8254.jpg

If you find a vintage old no-name chronograph powered with a Valjoux 72 for less than $800, you better buy it. There might still be an ignorant watch seller out there who would foolishly charge such little money, but as of 2 years ago, the price for old no-name beat up bad condition case V72 chronographs is starting at $800.

These ignorant watch sellers do apparantly exist. On my first search for one of these movements about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I stumbled across a web page were one was selling for around $450. I emailed the guy, but someone beat me to it. It was already on hold. Somebody got lucky.

YES thats the exact site!!! Beware this guy ships fast but never shipped my box, instructions or extra bezel. I contacted him and he stated that it was too dangerous to ship it all together and that he would ship it shortly its been two years

I paid them and got nothing. Scammed me over 500$

Tonyp1 -- Yes, I thought your watch looked familiar.

I have been trying to buy one of these 6263s with asymmetrical pushers from Honpo for weeks.

248220-8246.jpg

248220-8247.jpg

But after answering my initial email asking if he had an English language page (he responded "No, but which watch are you interested in?") he stopped replying altogether. Right after that, I someone said he does not ship to the US and then I started seeing posts like Slays (and others) complaining that orders never arrived, so I pretty much gave up. Still, if he is actually shipping vintage Daytonas (even with 7750s) that have the correct asymmetrical pusher arrangement, I would buy one (or more) if he'd deal with me.

Euno -- hahaha Just my luck - the only reasonably priced Daytona with asymetrical pushers and the guy is a crook. But if it comes to fisticuffs when you find him and any of these 6263s happen to fall out of his pockets, please grab one for me (since he will probably not be in any condition to need it after you finish with him). Oh, and watch your brisket.

I bought this watch about 2 years ago I cant say what it is (If its a DW or not) I paid something like $580 at the time. It measures 37mm in diameter and 19mm lugs. I have posted pics of this watch on finest rolex forum and I was instantly getting offers to buy the watch for 14 to 18k one guy that lived close even offered to bring a cashiers check!

Dear friend

I do not love to criticize the watches of the others members but this Day is recognizable as false from 100 meters of distance.

See for example tritium points or the incorrect writing at 6 or the crown ecc.....

Sorry..............

Dear friend

I do not love to criticize the watches of the others members but this Day is recognizable as false from 100 meters of distance.

See for example.. tritium points or the incorrect writing at 6 or the crown ecc...

Sorry..............

"tritium points or the incorrect writing at 6 or the crown ecc."

Anyone knowing that probably is a watch dork and have spent may hours staring at pictures. I would venture to say you could wear this watch for years before you would ever run into anyone that could actually out and out call it a fake. That person would defiantly be a certified watch nerd. This watch will also accept GEN parts the basic per portions of the watch are right 37mm wide 19mm lug asymmetric pushers barring the case back but all this could be fixed. To my knowledge no rep dial is up to snuff on these watches .

Edited by tonyp1