When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You can only have one rep chrono

jomama

wow....this is a tough one....so many great choices....if it were me, i'd go for the breitling chronomat evolution or the iwc pilot's watch (3717). both are amazing reps.

white dial breitling chronomat evolution on genuine crocodile strap

246294-8482.jpg

iwc pilot's watch (3717)

246294-8483.jpg

deltatahoe

Deltatahoe (delta pilot with a place in lake Tahoe?)

not a bad guess. in the summer, most weekends i'll go wakeboarding out at the delta (where the sacramento river meets the sf bay). in the winter, i spend quite a bit of time up in lake tahoe snowboarding. my two favorite playgrounds....the delta & lake tahoe. deltatahoe :victory:

Where did you get the white dial brit? Looks great. Love the strap as well.

the breitling is from angus (puretime); the strap makes the watch imho. <_<

deltatahoe

Am I correct in saying that the current SMP chrono rep's pushers appear to have screw-down locks but they aren't functional as per the real deal?!

Also, I am in agreement that there isn't enough distinguishing the Chrono from the standard SMP. If you already have the standard model then go for something significantly different.

Am I correct in saying that the current SMP chrono rep's pushers appear to have screw-down locks but they aren't functional as per the real deal?!

Also, I am in agreement that there isn't enough distinguishing the Chrono from the standard SMP. If you already have the standard model then go for something significantly different.

Don't know about the screw locks on the pushers, but if that was true, it'd kinda suck...

I have the gen SMP Pro (blue bond) and also had (stolen) the titanium chrono... They are like completely different watches although the face/bezel/design is pretty much the same, they wear very very different.

Don't know about the screw locks on the pushers, but if that was true, it'd kinda suck...

I have the gen SMP Pro (blue bond) and also had (stolen) the titanium chrono... They are like completely different watches although the face/bezel/design is pretty much the same, they wear very very different.

The pusher lockdown nuts are non functional on the genuine because the pushers can be operated at stated WR diving depth. No screw down is required but i guess they liked the look of gear toothed lockdown collars at the case opening. The only disadvantage of this arrangement is that the pushers require more that the usual amount of pressure to operate. Non functional lockdown nuts on the replica are absolutely faithful to the genuine.

Out of all the Reps & Gens I own ( 40+ ) only 2 or 3 are non chrono so the reason I got into reps was because of the Rolex Daytona ..

Here are my top 3 chronos

1 Daytona

2 SMP Chrono

3 BCE TT Evo

If I was going to buy any of these watches as Gen it would be the SMP Chrono

Zed

Daytona with el primero movement with white face and stainless steel or tt

I dont have one, but if I were to chose just one chrono rep, that would be it.

For price sake lets say SMP chrono - its perfect 1:1 so of course!!