When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Ultimate SMP

triplehd

Recently received my SMP back getting the crystal modded with double A/R by Chief and having Flav swap the old insert for a new insert - the same one used with the SMP Chrono.

Here's my original review of my watch when modded with the Gen Dial and Hands Omega SMP Omega SMP

And now the pics......

248783-8145.jpg

248783-8146.jpg

248783-8147.jpg

248783-8148.jpg

248783-8149.jpg

248783-8150.jpg

248783-8151.jpg

248783-8152.jpg

248783-8153.jpg

Edited by triplehd

The crown guards are horrible, the pearl sucks, it needs a gen. crown & tube, the bezel is not correct, the insert font is wrong, the crystal sits too low, the dial looks like a refinish, the rehaut is not deep and you should have started with a MBW case.

Opps! Wrong section. This is the Omega area and not the Rolex. LOL :bleh:

That's one fine looking SMP (uncertain about the AR though??). I envy you. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by predfan2001

The crown guards are horrible, the pearl sucks, it needs a gen. crown & tube, the bezel is not correct, the insert font is wrong, the crystal sits too low, the dial looks like a refinish, the rehaut is not deep and you should have started with a MBW case.

Opps! Wrong section. This is the Omega area and not the Rolex. LOL :bleh:

That's one fine looking SMP (uncertain about the AR though??). I envy you. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You had me going for a sec...I was like what the fxxx are ya talking about ?!?!?!?

As for the A/R - I do not believe the gen has it or if it does must be single sided, but I could be wrong. With the gen dial in there, I wanted to see the waves on the dial...now with the A/R, no problem seeing those puppies.....

Does the Offrie hands need broaching to fit ETA 28XX?

Don't know what broaching is, but since the gen is a 2892 movement and the rep is a 2824 movement, no problem fitting the gen hands on the 2824.

Nice project....great looking watch. I think the a/r coating really made the wave pattern stand out, love it.

@triplehd...do you mind to tell me where you buy that insert? the pearl on my smp chrono is uneven and I want to put a new on. Thank you.

As for the lume shot, trying to get a decent pic....will try again tonight.

@triplehd...do you mind to tell me where you buy that insert? the pearl on my smp chrono is uneven and I want to put a new on.

For those who are wondering and PMing me about the insert, look no further....got it from Angel & Jay...

Mmmm... beautiful. I think I could get one or two of those inserts as well.

Many thanks !!!! Definetely, if you can get one, go for it. That pearl does make a world of a difference...by far the best insert out there - hands down.

That's a fine looking watch :) One question though, why is the bracelet on upside down? I've seen a few people wear watches on straps 'back to front', and they claimed it was quicker to work the buckle, the other was a machinist who presumeably wore his strap backwards so excess strap wouldn't protrude from his wrist, which could be a real snagging hazard in a machine shop. Is yours on upside down for similar reasons (easier to fasten)?

That's a fine looking watch :) One question though, why is the bracelet on upside down? I've seen a few people wear watches on straps 'back to front', and they claimed it was quicker to work the buckle, the other was a machinist who presumeably wore his strap backwards so excess strap wouldn't protrude from his wrist, which could be a real snagging hazard in a machine shop. Is yours on upside down for similar reasons (easier to fasten)?

Actually, I got it back from Flav like that (he re-inserted the crystal for me as well as the insert swap). Just never got around flipping it back. The funny part is that my bro has a gen Seamaster Auto Diver 300M Chronograph (2594.52) with the bracelet upside down as well.

Actually, I got it back from Flav like that (he re-inserted the crystal for me as well as the insert swap). Just never got around flipping it back. The funny part is that my bro has a gen Seamaster Auto Diver 300M Chronograph (2594.52) with the bracelet upside down as well.

Fair enough, I just wondered if it was a deliberate choice for ease of closure :)