When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just letting u guys know , we dont have to glue dials onto movments any longer

rbj69

well i have always like mbw and wm watches but the one thing is they use genuine dials, so they cut the feet off the back that installs them and secures them to the movment , and then they glue it right onto the dial which imho sucks lol

to make a long story short i have experimented with genuine dials and this is what u have to do and if u use a asian dial on a swiss movment , just many different better dials will not fit the movment u already got

someone mentioned epoxy the feet back on but that is just as difficult and probably will not hold up either

so i finally did it and purchased a machine that reinstalls these feet to the back of the dial correctly , so soon u will be able to have all your glued in dials fixed correctly to the movment

Does the machine put them in the correct place? I took a few feet off today and use "dial dots" that double sided adhesive and it seems to work but while I was doing this I tried to figure out,, even if I could get the feet back on, how would I get them in the correct place? Obviously I could get them in the general area, but how do you get them exactly where they need to be?

well i have always like mbw and wm watches but the one thing is they use genuine dials, so they cut the feet off the back that installs them and secures them to the movment , and then they glue it right onto the dial which imho sucks lol

to make a long story short i have experimented with genuine dials and this is what u have to do and if u use a asian dial on a swiss movment , just many different better dials will not fit the movment u already got

someone mentioned epoxy the feet back on but that is just as difficult and probably will not hold up either

so i finally did it and purchased a machine that reinstalls these feet to the back of the dial correctly , so soon u will be able to have all your glued in dials fixed correctly to the movment

Joe:

What will be the cost to do this on a watch that you already modded?

You installed a Gen dial on my MBW 1680.

thats a good machine joe. I think however that mbw and wm watches are very good (the best so far) but there is something about their dials i dont understand at all.

-the back of the dials (mbw and wm) are different from a genuine. I think the thai factory puts beyeler for collectors entusiasm.

-beyeler was bought from Rolex several years ago...where do they source the base dials then?

i don´t understant it. to be more explicit: i dont think wm and mbw dials are genuine, but they would pass as genuines to people. then i´ll buy a red seadweller from wm for selling the dial at ebay after your mods. I think they´re been sold for big $$$$$. well, i am not going to do that. but i still think that about the authencity.

Edited by manuel

no the dial blanks r genuine , and the chinese r painting them and printing them , but just the blanks they use r correct , that is why they cut the feet off and glue them

on the dial dots with adhesive , that just like epoxy , in time it will come undone, that is my purpose for purchasing this new tool , im not big on gluing stuff to a movment or dial for that matter

cost would be determined soon but im sure it will cost no more than i charge for replacing a dial or if u just sent me some dials to install the fee on them it would be cheaper probably like around 20 bucks or less depending on how hard it really is lol

no the dial blanks r genuine , and the chinese r painting them and printing them , but just the blanks they use r correct , that is why they cut the feet off and glue them

on the dial dots with adhesive , that just like epoxy , in time it will come undone, that is my purpose for purchasing this new tool , im not big on gluing stuff to a movment or dial for that matter

cost would be determined soon but im sure it will cost no more than i charge for replacing a dial or if u just sent me some dials to install the fee on them it would be cheaper probably like around 20 bucks or less depending on how hard it really is lol

Nice to hear that,

joe let me know if you can do that with the silver datejust dial.

But only when you´ll be better and fully recovered :victory:

Regards,