When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebay scam?

tonyp1

That's not the real deal, and it's not a DW case. From the crappy pictures, it looks like another 7750 based 6263.

Well no one report this PLEASE!!!. Im sure these guys know their buying a fake.... As if anyone would be dump enough to let a $40,000 watch go for $400. I want to see how much this watch brings!

Edited by tonyp1

Tony,

You must want to get scammed. The guy says "No Refunds", "There will be no local pickup", Maybe you could screw him up by paying w/ Paypal, but is it worth it? The guy's a scam

Andrew's 6263 is 40mm and a gen is 37mm. DW is the only one w/ a case that's close to correct- maybe some of the other sellers

on ebay have the same case, but even with those, you'd be taking a risk.

Tony,

You must want to get scammed. The guy says "No Refunds", "There will be no local pickup", Maybe you could screw him up by paying w/ Paypal, but is it worth it? The guy's a scam

Andrew's 6263 is 40mm and a gen is 37mm. DW is the only one w/ a case that's close to correct- maybe some of the other sellers

on ebay have the same case, but even with those, you'd be taking a risk.

Thanks for clarifying the 40mm on andrews reps. LOL no I dont want to get scammed. I want to find a DW case for less than $500... I already have a EE 6263 it is the correct 37mm with 19mm lugs but uses a 7750.

Guest avitt
Thanks for clarifying the 40mm on andrews reps. LOL no I dont want to get scammed. I want to find a DW case for less than $500... I already have a EE 6263 it is the correct 37mm with 19mm lugs but uses a 7750.

I'm not sure I understand, Tony. Weren't people from the genuine Rolex forums offering you $14-18,000 for your 6263? Isn't your watch nearly "indestinguishable from the real thing", and better than most of the "junk watches" that guys post here? Why would you want to improve on that? The only people who would notice the difference are the watch "dorks" and "nerds"...

;)

I'm not sure I understand, Tony. Weren't people from the genuine Rolex forums offering you $14-18,000 for your 6263? Isn't your watch nearly "indestinguishable from the real thing", and better than most of the "junk watches" that guys post here? Why would you want to improve on that? The only people who would notice the difference are the watch "dorks" and "nerds"...

;)

Yove got it. But I want a DW for its mystery movement Im intrigued as its the only attempted copy of a rolex movement that I know of. I am no longer interested in this watch as it is not a DW .

Edited by tonyp1

Guest avitt

OK...

Here's a tip that might help: There are two different DW cases. The one that is included with his complete Daytonas is for the Mystery Movement, or a Valjoux 23 (These movements are both bi-compax, and have frozen 6:00 sub-dial hands). DW also sold case sets specifically for the VJ72 (These are the ones that you occasionally see on eBay).

You are right to assume that DW's represent the epitome of franken Dayona reps. Good luck with your search...

• 4 weeks later...

Pushers are definatey not assym... just draw a line from the center of the top pusher to the 2 oclock marker and from bottom one to 4 oclock. Both in the middle. With vj72 it is top and top... Fake!

Anyway if you are selling a watch like this you would surely show the terrific movement...