When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pls name the Dealers that:

AMK000

Of the dealers I have bought multiple watches from:

Josh - No. But only one problem in many purchases

Andrew - No. Two problems in many purchases

King - Don't know but never had a problem

River - Don't know but never had a problem

Sean - Don't know but never had a problem

Eddie - No but his partner usually does on his behalf. No problems

Angus - Yes (he is the only one of the Cartel on the ground near the factories). No problems

But all dealers above have always been very responsive when there was a problem.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But all dealers above have always been very responsive when there was a problem.

In my case was also the same. All of them very responsive.

Though ..... during 2006 and 2007 ... I have spend more than 160 USD on returns.

I am even willing to pay 10 to 20 USD more on th std price to have the watch personally inspected.

Maybe we need to draw a more concise definition on "Inspected"???

I feel there may be a major difference between the sort of QC checks... say...TTK does, and an "inspection" of a watch that is being shipped by other dealers.

It's pretty easy to say..."This is a photo of your watch, and I have inspected it"... as against some listed checks that others may carry out.

Not aiming at anyone here, just think the discussion, is maybe getting a little clouded as to what EXACTLY is done by each dealer.

Would be nice to see a precise list of QC checks each dealer offers-Yes?

Offshore

PS .. We could probably extend this discussion, to qualifying the level of pre delivery "service" ( offered at extra cost) by dealers.... does it incude a full tear down, relube, timing, reassembly and possibly waterproofing??

Or is it " open the back... mist with an aerosol oil spray, and reseal" ??

(Sorry, probably being facetious here... akin to take the watch for a walk past an oil truck :p )

I said so earlier in the post, but was ignored.

Nice to have someone else confirming this...

She also gets her return address wrong sometimes. :D

I believe she can drop-ship or check your watches, depending on your patience.

I said so earlier in the post, but was ignored.

Nice to have someone else confirming this...

She also gets her return address wrong sometimes. :D

I believe she can drop-ship or check your watches, depending on your patience.

So what we have so far (update 2):

Most likely do QC and do not Dropship:

- Narikaa

- TTK

- Precious Time

Under Doubt:

- Pure Time ???

- Silix ??

Remember: QC and no Dropshipping means: Better watches , much less returns , less money spend , less risks.

What about: EL , River , King, Paul, ???? etc.....

this thread is ABSOLUTE CONFUSED :black_eye:

you say QC and no Dropshipping means: Better watches etc etc etc

I will ask it again and again. If a rep will work long time or not is LUCK... ONLY LUCK... and some movements are more problematic as others.

i have ordered approx 15 watches from one of you called "QC" dealers... 5 of them has a small or big defect when they arrived and after some weeks demaged other of his watches. All in all are ONLY 5 of this 15 watches are worked now after months and years. So i can say.. FU** HIS QUALITY CONTROL

and it is important about how movements (watches) were talk here. Some guys bought 10 watches with swiss unitas from one dealer and mean his Quality Control is AMAZING. Damn 98% of all swiss Unitas will work PERFECT. But buy 10 watches of same dealer with asia 7750 and we will see how good are his QC.

I will ask it again and again. If a rep will work long time or not is LUCK... ONLY LUCK... and some movements are more problematic as others.

i have ordered approx 15 watches from one of you called "QC" dealers... 5 of them has a small or big defect when they arrived and after some weeks demaged other of his watches. All in all are ONLY 5 of them 15 watches are worked now after month and years. So i can say.. FU** HIS QUALITY CONTROL

and it is important about how movements (watches) were talk here. Some guys have bought 10 watches with swiss unitas from one dealer and mean his Quality Control is AMAZING. Damn 98% of all swiss Unitas will work PERFECT. But buy 10 watches of same dealer with asia 7750 and we will see how good are his QC.

I have to agree with that as far as for the movement part of the story...

ps:Tourbillon i did not forget you ;) !!!

This is an old subject that pops up every few months as a hope, that is long as a rope without an end.

Some of the smaller dealers can and do 'handle' every watch, however only TTK 'inspects' each one.

However there is a drawback from smaller dealers and that is 'Selection', especially to some new releases.

For a mega dealer in order for him or her to remain profitable, to hand inspect would be impossible.

As their system for the 'majority' of their transactions is to order direct from the manufacturer or wholesaler,

and have the watches shipped direct to the customer, which saves time, extra delivery risks, postage ect,..

The advantage is usually, if the dealer is honest, Price, Variety and Quick delivery.

Now we throw a few random problems into the mix and the whole picture gets fuzzy again...

1. Your dealer may not have the same vision as you. In other words, you may see an alignment

or QC problem that they don't.

2. Internal problems may occur during shipping, or manufacturer such as moisture, dropping, ect, that

may not show up until you receive your watch.

3. A dealer may claim to inspect, however only told his shipper to take a closer look.

4. Your dealer may have a relationship with a few members and thus will hand pick a few watches

but in reality does not have the time or money to perform this service for everyone.

5. Your dealer may reside in Canada, or Europe or some other locale way out of the factory country

and therefore would have to risk extra customs problems and much higher shipping fees to accommodate

your request.

6. Your dealer may be a better salesman or photographer than some of his products.

In the end,.. it's your decision, and totally depends upon your buying style and expectations,

but know that you will never get all your needs met in one package, every time.

For me, having purchased over one hundred pieces, I have found that price, combined with

quick and honest excellent after delivery service, works for me.

So what we have so far (update 4):

Most likely do QC and do not Dropship:

- Narikaa

- TTK

- Precious Time

Under Doubt:

- Pure Time ???

- Silix ??

- Ruby ?? (can we have another coinfirmation on this pls ??)

- Sash ???

- River (???? I think he is lately sends out himself)

I agree with the comments of some members here that "QC" and "No dropshipping" do not necesarrily go together ......

- You may have somebody else doing the QC for you (!!!???) and then Dropships for you.

- You may not do Dropshipping (dealers distributes and ships personally) and not doing any QC at all.

Well since I am the author of this topic (... though not the first bring it up) , my thoughts behind it was/is to identify these dealers who:

- Check personally the watches before sending them out. Checking personally means , visual inspection , bezel function , movement , crown locking , winding, date turning, clasp etc...

- Then ships out himself.

Edited by AMK000

I suspect the dealer I got my SMP from does personal QC, as her sales site says the items are shipped from China, however, the envelope that arrived was British, with UK post marks, so I suspect she orders them in from China, then sends them on from her own address. The dealer I got my Planet Ocean's from also orders from suppliers and then forwards the products on themself.

Well shift me from the 'most likely' to 'definately does' bracket.

Everything I sell is hand picked by me.

Purchased in person after selection (each item as if I was purchasing for my own collection)

Everything packed and shipped (after final inspection) by me.

NO DROPSHIPPING BY ME - PERIOD (how the hell can a DropShipper talk about QC he/she has no influence over, especially when it is being allegedly carried out in GZ on trust by one of the lying, cheating, knowlegeless, minions there!!)

NO BS FROM ME ABOUT STOCK (If I offer it , Ive got it - bought 'n paid for 'n ready for immediate shipment).

Soon

Be patient

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi Reg ,

Welcome back , are you back home yet ?,

I just received a watch from Reg ,

And I can tell you the whale experience was perfect :thumbsupsmileyanim: ,

The communication the watch , the shipping everything suburb ,

And I can most defiantly account for his QC :thumbsupsmileyanim: he personally inspected the watch before sending it ,

Cheers

i have ordered approx 15 watches from one of you called "QC" dealers... 5 of them has a small or big defect when they arrived and after some weeks demaged other of his watches. All in all are ONLY 5 of this 15 watches are worked now after months and years. So i can say.. FU** HIS QUALITY CONTROL

and it is important about how movements (watches) were talk here. Some guys bought 10 watches with swiss unitas from one dealer and mean his Quality Control is AMAZING. Damn 98% of all swiss Unitas will work PERFECT. But buy 10 watches of same dealer with asia 7750 and we will see how good are his QC.

Sorry, but I do not agree with that. Of course you will never have a guarantee that a pre-inspected watch will not have problems, but I certainly believe you improve your odds all other things being eqal. Granted, you can never predict with certainty how inheritently problematic movements will perform over time, but you have a better shot with the cosmetic and functonal aspects ... such as the markers being be glued on properly, the crown working properaly, the crystal not exploding or being scratched even getting the right watch, etc... And I think that is the best you can hope for with reps.

I have said this before ... When at all possible I intend to give my business to the dealers who inspect the goods before shipping ... even if it means waiting longer for the watch or paying a bit of a premium for it. I also feel good about supporting smaller dealers... I think it helps to keep as many dealers in the competitive mix as possible which in turn assures high quailty products at reasonable prices. But that is just me. I can appreciate that others have long standing relationships with dealers who drop-ship. Whatever floats your boat.