When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pls name the Dealers that:

AMK000

Well shift me from the 'most likely' to 'definately does' bracket.

Everything I sell is hand picked by me.

Purchased in person after selection (each item as if I was purchasing for my own collection)

Everything packed and shipped (after final inspection) by me.

NO DROPSHIPPING BY ME - PERIOD (how the hell can a DropShipper talk about QC he/she has no influence over, especially when it is being allegedly carried out in GZ on trust by one of the lying, cheating, knowlegeless, minions there!!)

NO BS FROM ME ABOUT STOCK (If I offer it , Ive got it - bought 'n paid for 'n ready for immediate shipment).

I've had a couple of nice reps from Narikaa..... ALWAYS quick reliable transactions. Any time I've ordered something it's been on my wrist the next morning.

And, as an example of top customer service, when I damaged one I was particularly fond of (it has a uniquely pretty dial) he even arranged for my favourite dial to be fitted to a replacement watch.. Quality wise I've had fair to excellent, NEVER had a faulty watch. MY only slight 'observation' (not a criticism as such) is that I personally would like to see more solid steel and high end ETA and quartz based watches in his range...... My favourite for instance turned out to be coated brass (although it was never mis-represented and was sold at a price entirely appropriate to it's construction) OH for the same thing in solid steel!

Thoroughly decent bloke...

I'm rapidly getting to the stage where I'm trying to ONLY deal with guys in the UK..... And really need to find more options.... It's a pity in many ways it all has to be so cloak and dagger; Even when I see recommendations here I've often NO idea who people are talking about or where to find them! PT for instance...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SILIX-PRIME does NOT drop ship. My order was delayed one week because one of the watches I had ordered from Silix didn't pass his QC and he was waiting for a new shipment to send me out a better watch. I know this from his personal statements and contact. Silix= Quality Control

SILIX-PRIME does NOT drop ship. My order was delayed one week because one of the watches I had ordered from Silix didn't pass his QC and he was waiting for a new shipment to send me out a better watch. I know this from his personal statements and contact. Silix= Quality Control

i got a watch damaged from silix. To me he clearly drop ships, unless of course he picks & chooses to whom QC should be applied.

Please wake up n smell the coffee people...t'aint rocket science!

Unless a dealer has all his displayed wares in his possession as STOCK IN HAND (& very very few do!).....the risks inherant in the 'take your money pass on the order elsewhwere' or 'take your money and go shopping for it' scenarios that MUST ensue are zero QC at worst or tiresome delays at best.

Some stock a few (bait) and dropship the rest, some stock only photos and Chinese promises.

I choose to trade transparantly and sell what I physicaly have thus offering WYSIWYG and the ability to ship that item within hours.

Your choice after all but please be under no delusions as to how things work.

From what I've read, that QC line is a bunch of bull just to give you to hold on to.

or 'take your money and go shopping for it' scenarios that MUST ensue are zero QC at worst or tiresome delays at best.

Ruby did that on my last order but no problem for me. I didn't need the watch on my wrist within 2 days (and it arrived about a week after my order) and it means that she is still inspecting (visually anyway) it which is a good thing in my book. I'll take that any day over the "pure" drop-shippers.

Of course, stock in hand is better cause despite what I wrote above, if I don't have to wait longer than necessary then that's a plus.

Ruby did that on my last order but no problem for me. I didn't need the watch on my wrist within 2 days (and it arrived about a week after my order) and it means that she is still inspecting (visually anyway) it which is a good thing in my book. I'll take that any day over the "pure" drop-shippers.

Of course, stock in hand is better cause despite what I wrote above, if I don't have to wait longer than necessary then that's a plus.

Fair enough....if a spade is called a spade and the customer goes in with eyes open.

But all the 'Im waiting for a better one' no email/pm replies, 'honest it shipped yesterday' 'Ive been sick/offline/Drunk' lines of BS merely translate (In the 'Know Your Friendly RepWorld Guidebook Spring '07 Edition') to I REALLY HAVENT GOT ONE TO BACK UP MY (Enthusiastic & naiive)SALES PITCH......cappiche?

Yeah, that's total garbage.

I don't buy the "I'm testing it" or "It didn't pass my QC" BS that some dealers try to pass off. If they don't have the watch in stock or parts are short, then they should inform the customer not leave them hanging. But I guess some people are willing to accept that and make excuses that that's what you should expect in this business.

No thanks. Not me. I'll deal with traders who are honest and upfront instead. They do exist.

I think we can include Ruby as "no dropshipper".

Here's my experience :

- ordered a Quartz IWC Portuguese ^_^

- sent me, as known from everyone, pics of the actual watch

- then second email : "sorry, the chrono does not reset correctly, I have to get a new one"

- finally we agreed on an other watch (as I changed my mind about IWC Quartz in the meantime, and BTW after some discussions with Ruby who told me that they don't look so good, at least not as good as on the pics from B9A I sent her to hunt the model I wanted)

- ordered a JL Compressor Alarm instead. Got actual pics before shipment.

Between my order and the pics coming, each time around one week.

Of course, that doe not mean that the watch will then work flawlessly (but who pretends to check in detail ?) At least you're sure to get the model you ordered, and not with messed up screws or an other colour stap or whatever obvious flaws you frequently see on dropshipped items.

Let's be honest, it's more than a fair behaviour in this business, no ?

received my UPO from precious time. my recollection is that he was having it shipped from his supplier to himself (along with other orders he had received) in order to QC the watch. Can tell you emphatically that my watch was shipped to me from the UK not Asia, so he clearly acted as an intermediary. I assume he OC'ed it as well

It took a bit longer to than most of the other deliveries i have received but i was fine with it because i was assured i was getting an inspected peice. And I STILL sure that is it was I got. So, I am not sure if it is a common practice for him, but in this instance I was very happy he went the extra yard and more than willing to wait the extra 2 weeks or so.

And I will do that everytime I can.

It's amusing that the only dealers that do actual QC are all Brits: TTK, Narikaa, Precious Time. Ruby's service sounds like one for the patient, but you have to be very patient (says he with horror story on returning a Navitimer to Ruby where she gives me a made-up return address ...) if there are problems.

It's another hint that workers coming out of a communist regime don't understand what we call quality control, much like we don't understand why they find our martial arts movies pathetic.

TTK is great

but lets be serious how did Narikaa make this prestigeous list? IMHO Narikaa mostly sell the inexpenisve replicas with asian movements.....im my opinion QC is most important on the more expensive watches and the we are talking about dealers EddiLee and the like ^_^

TTK is great

but lets be serious how did Narikaa make this prestigeous list? IMHO Narikaa mostly sell the inexpenisve replicas with asian movements.....im my opinion QC is most important on the more expensive watches and the we are talking about dealers EddiLee and the like ^_^

The thread is about dealers that do not drop ship not dealers that do not drop ship more expensive reps.

The thread is about dealers that do not drop ship not dealers that do not drop ship more expensive reps.

Thank you so very much for infoming me about the theme and topic of this thread Jumbie :) very polite of you

So Naritaa just drop [censored]?

ROTFL

Gunnar :p

edit: sorry for my orrible spelling....

Edited by Gunnar Gran

TTK is great

This is a point that needed expression.... -_-

One of my favorite daily beaters, is a Nariakaa special, as were a few that rated 'Novelty' at best,..

however these cheap pieces could have been drop shipped, sent by carrier pigeon or backpacked in

for all the difference it would have made.

Strange however that it seems select lower end pieces usually have the best QC {for what you pay}

and the non-chrono Asian movements are usually the most robust... :g:, so unless you are

in the UK .. price, customs, & shipping costs are your main concerns...

and as Gunnar revealed, in the case of Narikaa,..not inspections...

But again, the original question was not which dealer should inspect, etc.

It was which dealer does. And whether it needs to be done or not, Narikaa does and therefore deserves to be listed/mentioned and is why he "made this prestigious list".

But again, the original question was not which dealer should inspect, etc.

It was which dealer does. And whether it needs to be done or not, Narikaa does and therefore deserves to be listed/mentioned and is why he "made this prestigious list".

... in relation to the purpose of the question... Yes, Gunnar's point is of beneficial importance..

Well high price or not...my experience is catagorically that QC ALWAYS MATTERS to the buyer (Of whatever watch)

And despite the 'agendas' here it should be known that I do regularly sell all levels of replicas from the

Edited by narikaa

Thank you RT :)

It agree 100% that "QC ALWAYS MATTERS" :) and I am happy to see that reg and I are in agreement on this :group:

BTW I am now driking my COGNAC and my wife is playing the piano while singing. It is one of the longest days of the year. The view from my new house is spectacular. Life is wonderful.

Best wishes

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Got a nice airking for a friend of mine from Jay & Angel.

I told them best airking

They told me to wait a day till they source the watch.

And man, they delivered a beautiful watch!

As far as I know my friend has not experienced problems at all.