When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next AR Run? When will it start?

maxmsu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

There will be future AR run(s). Long story short, I'm in the process of preparing a house to sell and moving my family about 3 hours away. In the meantime, I will also be starting a new job in the new locale in a few weeks, so will be on the road quite a bit (and away from my family during the week) until the house sells. I may find some time to organize more runs during this transition period. But, I may not.

Thanks for understanding.

-Chief

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

There will be future AR run(s). Long story short, I'm in the process of preparing a house to sell and moving my family about 3 hours away. In the meantime, I will also be starting a new job in the new locale in a few weeks, so will be on the road quite a bit (and away from my family during the week) until the house sells. I may find some time to organize more runs during this transition period. But, I may not.

Thanks for understanding.

-Chief

Sorry Chief, but you ain't got no time for moving and a new job... we want another AR coat - run :p

Kiddin' of course... good luck with all the work and i hope you still find some time to enjoy watches/replicas and the forums :D

Sorry Chief, but you ain't got no time for moving and a new job... we want another AR coat - run :p

Kiddin' of course... good luck with all the work and i hope you still find some time to enjoy watches/replicas and the forums :D

Actually I'm starting the new job tomorrow, and will be logging in from a hotel room in the evenings. :)

The single sided run isn't back yet, which is a bummer because it'd have been much easier to have been able to get those crystals returned before starting the new job. Oh well.

Hey Chief... how's the new job? Hope you like it... cause we all spent way too much time away from home at work, so it better be good :D

Question to all of you... would it be better to have the crystal of my IWC CD AR coated? It already has an AR coat... double sided... but it has a strong blue hue... is this correct???

Hey Chief... how's the new job? Hope you like it... cause we all spent way too much time away from home at work, so it better be good :D

Question to all of you... would it be better to have the crystal of my IWC CD AR coated? It already has an AR coat... double sided... but it has a strong blue hue... is this correct???

Strong blue, depending on what you mean by 'strong' as it is very subjective, is not correct. The blue hue is usually not in your face so to speak, but more noticeable under certain light conditions than under others, especially florescent.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, though... The color of the AR is less interesting than the performance of the coating. Professional AR - that used by my coater, and used on gen watches - does vary from run to run and from watch to watch. The way to judge a coating, therefore, is not by its color but by how well it inhibits reflections. The performance of a quality AR coating in inhibiting reflections on the crystal is FAR more noticeable than the shade of blue or purple.

I also need to get Ar coat on four crystals.

Not sure yet which ones single and which one double. :cc_confused:

Hi lello,

if this can help, all PAMs from 2002 and on are AR coated, all single side. 1998 models should not have AR coat. Unsure about 1999-2001 models.

I also need to get Ar coat on four crystals.

Not sure yet which ones single and which one double. :cc_confused:

Ouch...i suppose you won't provide such service in short time then...

I hoped not to have to ship my crystals abroad and overseas. :(