When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It's no secret that the 2824 is in short supply. It has been for some time, as Pugwash says. I am suprised that they're not just plopping in the SW200 in place of the 2824 though.

Well, I was just emailing Jay about this earlier... Who knows, he might just plop in the SW200s... IMHO... ;)

We've been hearing about the 2824 shortages for quite a while now. How come this is new news?
I don't usually click on movement threads,..unless there is some sort of rip off related to it,..

and I'm sure that others here are also not so mechanically inclined,..

but thanks for kindly letting me know,...

I don't usually click on movement threads,..unless there is some sort of rip off related to it,..

and I'm sure that others here are also not so mechanically inclined,..

but thanks for kindly letting me know,...

It's been reported in dealer's threads, general discussions and all sorts. I thought it would be rather hard to avoid, but apparently not.

In case it's also not common knowledge, ETA are going to stop selling ebauches, 7750s are increasing in price, Elvis is still dead, Cousteau Diver Chronos have hideous QC issues but great AR and has anyone seen Finepics? :victory:

I'm trying to work out how I could have said it more kindly to be honest. I was expressing genuine shock that a man as well-read as you could have missed this one.

Post lots of pics please. :)

I also recieved word from Jay that the (silver dials at least) overseas are delayed because of a shortage of 2824 movements. I'll post pics as soon as my watch arrives.

On edit: Jay said the delay would be "very brief," has anyone been given a tracking # yet?

It's been reported in dealer's threads, general discussions and all sorts. I thought it would be rather hard to avoid, but apparently not.

In case it's also not common knowledge, ETA are going to stop selling ebauches, 7750s are increasing in price, Elvis is still dead, Cousteau Diver Chronos have hideous QC issues but great AR and has anyone seen Finepics? :victory:

I'm trying to work out how I could have said it more kindly to be honest. I was expressing genuine shock that a man as well-read as you could have missed this one.

Sorry Pug,... you just caught me at a bad time, ... bandaging cuts on my hands from

cleaning up and replacing broken 'windows'.. by a persistent pebble thrower..:whistling:

Thanks for the update,.. !

Sorry Pug,... you just caught me at a bad time, ... bandaging cuts on my hands from

cleaning up and replacing broken 'windows'.. by a persistent pebble thrower..:whistling:

A friend of mine had a window broken recently by some pesky neds. He was trying to press charges until the police pointed out that he'd best let it drop as he'd mangled one of the the guy's arms pretty badly hitting it with a plank. :whistling:

I love stories where neds end up getting hurt. :D

Ned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_%28Scottish%29

R.T. I think it is a bit mis-leading on your part to post photoshopped images of the new rep. It might confuse newbies and some people... The tick mark over the 'e' is NOT an easy t hing to do. Yes you can put it over the 'e' but it is very difficult to make it look like it was printed there. Again dont compare apples to oranges. Compare non-photoshoped to non-phtoshopped.

Edited by maxse

R.T. I think it is a bit mis-leading on your part to post photoshopped images of the new rep. It might confuse newbies and some people... The tick mark over the 'e' is NOT an easy t hing to do. Yes you can put it over the 'e' but it is very difficult to make it look like it was printed there. Again dont compare apples to oranges. Compare non-photoshoped to non-phtoshopped.
I guess 'easy' is a term that depends on the individual...

Personally for me, razoring out a mark in tape and dabbing it would be 'easy'...and soooooo small that

only a loupe or magnifying glass would tell you otherwise..

The issues of concern, are the precision of your cut, and the type of paint you select...

However,... before you try to drag me through more broken glass over another to me non-issue,..

I think we need to keep this in perspective related to the size of what we are speaking of here..

Fact is in person,...the mark is barely desernable in the first place..

Blown up photos are Not Reality.

Do you want to compare photos ? Or Real live Watches ?

There is a huge difference you know,... and I'm a near sighted individual...

I received my VC Overseas with black dial from Jay and Angela today. Ordered it on 5/30 and was given tracking info on 6/6. This watch is absolutely beautiful!

Richard: Thank you for starting this thread and your continued passion. Just after reading a few of your posts I was ready to order. And I am glad I did. I have wanted an Overseas since I discovered the world of replicas over a year ago. Having it in hand I can not see the incorrect details in question. Technically they are there, but you would have to closely examine with a loupe or have a blown up photograph to see them. I am really happy with the quality of this rep and I really glad I have read this thread.

Everyone else: Thanks for all of your posts in this thread as well as the board. I have learned so much from all of you.

I received my VC Overseas with black dial from Jay and Angela today. Ordered it on 5/30 and was given tracking info on 6/6. This watch is absolutely beautiful!

Richard: Thank you for starting this thread and your continued passion. Just after reading a few of your posts I was ready to order. And I am glad I did. I have wanted an Overseas since I discovered the world of replicas over a year ago. Having it in hand I can not see the incorrect details in question. Technically they are there, but you would have to closely examine with a loupe or have a blown up photograph to see them. I am really happy with the quality of this rep and I really glad I have read this thread.

Everyone else: Thanks for all of your posts in this thread as well as the board. I have learned so much from all of you.

Albert,

This is the most positive post on this thread in a week! I am thrilled that you are so pleased with your new VCO from Silix. I ordered mine on June 6, so (using your timeline) I should get Tracking Info on June 13 and delivery on June 19...right? Be still my heart.

We've been hearing about the 2824 shortages for quite a while now. How come this is new news?

Because it is keeping my watch from me! :) It is news for this particular model; I was under the impression mine was in stock. Speaking of which; I am not a big fan of being sold a watch that is not in stock. This is the type of thing that should be disclosed before payment is made. :thumbdown: I like jay & angel though; small blip that hopefully will be resolved soon.

Ruby says it is true about the lack of movements story. If Jay will ignore emails regarding if he has stock but answer my other questions about placing an order I have little doubt the factory will seriously consider doing what they have to in order to ship something and keep the order. This business if funny enough when everything goes smooth.

I asked Ruby to actually look the watch over and absolutely no drop shipments on this watch. I can wait a little longer to not have a boomerang going back through EMS on my dime. I am definetely going to check the movement first thing.

Boy, another PAM is sure looking like an easy deal about now.

Because it is keeping my watch from me! :) It is news for this particular model; I was under the impression mine was in stock. Speaking of which; I am not a big fan of being sold a watch that is not in stock. This is the type of thing that should be disclosed before payment is made. :thumbdown: I like jay & angel though; small blip that hopefully will be resolved soon.

I had an e-mail from Jay waiting for me this morning. The news is not good. He is out of 2824 movements and has tried to exchange movements from other models but that "caused some problems." So they have decided to order new movements and wait for them. He then asked how I wanted to proceed and if I wanted a refund and apologized for my trouble. All very nice and professional, but I want the watch and will wait a reasonable time for it.

My e-mail back to him asked how long wouild the delay in shipment be. Are we talking days, weeks or months? This is a great watch, but after reading all of the opinions in this thread, it appears to be a close call with other versions.

Hey Richard, can you find out what's happening with Silix so we can make an intelligent decision on this matter? Andrew's version is starting to look better everyday.

Ruby says it is true about the lack of movements story. If Jay will ignore emails regarding if he has stock but answer my other questions about placing an order I have little doubt the factory will seriously consider doing what they have to in order to ship something and keep the order. This business if funny enough when everything goes smooth.

I asked Ruby to actually look the watch over and absolutely no drop shipments on this watch. I can wait a little longer to not have a boomerang going back through EMS on my dime. I am definetely going to check the movement first thing.

Boy, another PAM is sure looking like an easy deal about now.

Nothing here is anything other than business as usual as far as the rep biz goes. I always try to send some positive vibes 1/2 way around the world: "It'll get here and it'll be great when it does." Anyway, I'm sure Jay will refund anyone who concludes that their wait has become too long.

I had an e-mail from Jay waiting for me this morning. The news is not good. He is out of 2824 movements and has tried to exchange movements from other models but that "caused some problems." So they have decided to order new movements and wait for them. He then asked how I wanted to proceed and if I wanted a refund and apologized for my trouble. All very nice and professional, but I want the watch and will wait a reasonable time for it.

My e-mail back to him asked how long wouild the delay in shipment be. Are we talking days, weeks or months? This is a great watch, but after reading all of the opinions in this thread, it appears to be a close call with other versions.

Hey Richard, can you find out what's happening with Silix so we can make an intelligent decision on this matter? Andrew's version is starting to look better everyday.

Have you suggested the SW200 to him? Very solid movement, and there's really no reason to prefer the ETA, all things being equal.

The answers from Jay are the same to anyone,...

I would say however that patience always pays huge dividends,... Especially in the Rep game.

Why pay more for a V2, then even more for a V1 dial plus shipping {for cross transplant,}

then pay even more for the mods ?

How much extra time are you really saving going that route

and how much extra money are you wasting ?

And are you 100% sure that the square date window punch-out won't bother you down the line ?

{another issue that concerns me is the material of the V2 Dial.. from the ragged hole,.. it looks like paper}

Another faster & cheaper route would be to order the new dial for transplant onto the V2 model,..

however from reading Flavor Flave's post, he also had to mod his bracelet,... something I did not

have to do,..

Chieftangs suggestion is also a great one ask for the SW200 and thus a lower price I would think..

What I would do however would be to ask Jay for a realistic estimate on the reality of obtaining

my V4,.. then if acceptable,.. {many of us old pros are used to being patient for months if necessary}

.... simply wait,.. -_-

Because you may lose your place in line, and this model may turn out to be one of those that makes a brief

entrance then .. vanishes forever.

Chieftangs suggestion is also a great one ask for the SW200 and thus a lower price I would think..

I would expect no price difference. The difference is that (I think) they're more available than the 2824-2. SW200 is a swiss movement, and every bit as robust as the ETA based on what I've seen. The SW200 has 26 jewels vs. 25 on the 2824-2, and watches like the Oris TT1 Diver have transitioned over to the SW200 I do believe. It's probably the future for low end base movements.

I would expect no price difference. The difference is that (I think) they're more available than the 2824-2. SW200 is a swiss movement, and every bit as robust as the ETA based on what I've seen. The SW200 has 26 jewels vs. 25 on the 2824, and watches like the Oris TT1 Diver have transitioned over to the SW200 I do believe.
There you go everyone... suggest this to Jay and maybe we have a winner..

Thanks again Chief ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There you go everyone... suggest this to Jay and maybe we have a winner..

Thanks again Chief ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did suggest this to Jay and he said that they did exactly that, i.e. use the SW200, but now they are all shipped out. He said he expects to have the 2824's delivered this weekend, so delivery should be soon after that, maybe even next week, and asked if that would be OK for me. I told him that I am very happy with that. I just don't want to wait a month or so....

My fingers are crossed that all works out and he gets his 2824s soon and we all get our V4 VCO's. I agree with Richard, we are pretty much past the point of no return on this transaction. So I keep telling myself, "Patience Grasshopper Patience."