When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct band for 6263?

tonyp1

Yes Im asking for help :black_eye: I know my EE is not a DW but its good enough me. I broke my band well it kinda died (a pin fell out) and watch fell to the ground. I had a leftover pin that I tried to install to make a long story short I had to throw it out. I figured Id go ahead and order a gen tropic 21 and a gen band. I found both no problem I bought the tropic 21 for $75 but the band is $900 used. Thats not practical for a fake watch so I was thinking about this band it looks period correct. Avitt can you help me out here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/OYSTER-STRAP-BRACELET-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The bracelet should fit (the 6263 requires a 19mm width bracelet) and its part number (78350) is correct for this model. But I do not think the 557 end link numbers are right - that may or may not matter to you.

I kept My end links but I kinda doubt they will work. Thanks for the advice, My "vintage rolex sport models" book is worthless for reference on these types of questions.

Guest avitt

As Freddy said, that bracelet should work for you (either 78350 or 7835 are correct for your watch, and only the 78350 is available as a replica). I think that I remember that you had 571 end links, which are correct...they would probably fit on the new bracelet.

The only downside to this bracelet is the fact that the mid-links are solid, and not hollow. This might not bother you. If it does, you can keep watching ebay, or check with some dealers like Homer. (If you haven't thrown it away already, I recommend that you hold on to the buckle from your original bracelet. I say this becuase there are some hollow bracelets floating around which are stamped 78350, but have generic buckles. If you can find one of these, you can swap on your Rolex buckle.)

My "vintage rolex sport models" book is worthless for reference on these types of questions.

It is very expensive, but the Italian book 'Rolex Daytona From Birth to the Myth' is one of the best sources I have seen for technical data on the Daytona models (up until the current 1165xx models). I got mine on ebay.

I've just bought this very bracelet and should receive it tomorrow and will look when I'm back in the UK next week. I think the weight and feel will be better with the solid centre links and it really does'nt bother me and I still have 571 end links from my DW daytona. I will report next week.

Tonyp1,

Check with Timeman for a 7835, he usually has some for fair prices. I personally like the folded link model bracelet. They may not be the correct end pieces but will usually fit or you can have some custom made.

You can find 7835/78350 bracelets on ebay if you're patient for between $175-$250. $900 is robbery! Even the expansion rivit model sells for under that and that is a far more rare bracelet.

• 2 weeks later...