When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seamaster wallpaper

By-Tor

Ok, I was bored. Too long weekend. :lol:

So I finally managed to get a clean shot of the dial wave pattern of my Bond SMP... and made a wallpaper. Phew, took me over an hour. Hope you like it.

25980-917.jpg

Hey By-Tor,

Lovely wallpaper...great watch. I just read your article on polishing the SMP...the bracelet looks dead on when you get the brushed look back. Could i ask if there are any mods done to this SMP, because i have been trying on the gen recently and yours looks pretty darn good! :)

Thanks,

Jon

Hey By-Tor,

Lovely wallpaper...great watch. I just read your article on polishing the SMP...the bracelet looks dead on when you get the brushed look back. Could i ask if there are any mods done to this SMP, because i have been trying on the gen recently and yours looks pretty darn good! :)

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks for the comments Bilbo. No, I don't have any mods done, except I have aligned the bezel correctly - and polished & brushed the bracelet, just like you mentioned. Everything else is "out of box"... the SMP rep is just that "darn good". :)

Thanks for the comments Bilbo. No, I don't have any mods done, except I have aligned the bezel correctly - and polished & brushed the bracelet, just like you mentioned. Everything else is "out of box"... the SMP rep is just that "darn good". :)

Wow...cant believe its so good. I did read about the bezel re-alignment...unfortunately i would be too nervous to do that myself, but im sure i could find someone to do it (unless it really is easy!).

Do you mind if i ask where you purchased it, because i am looking longingly at Trusty's current version at the moment. Its either this or the Planet Ocean in Black...i wish i could have both but alas im a student :(

Jon

Wow...cant believe its so good. I did read about the bezel re-alignment...unfortunately i would be too nervous to do that myself, but im sure i could find someone to do it (unless it really is easy!).

Do you mind if i ask where you purchased it, because i am looking longingly at Trusty's current version at the moment. Its either this or the Planet Ocean in Black...i wish i could have both but alas im a student :(

Jon

Mine is the "old batch" SMP and it's originally purchased from King (about a year ago). All dealers used to sell the same watch. Just look at the dealers' catalogs and compare the pics. I don't go to dealers' photo albums that much so I dunno who still sells it, sorry.

Thanks emuozz.

The picture probably flatters the pearl, it's not that great. Just a standard rep pearl which has just been pushed further inside. Genuine pearl looks different but I'm planning to install a gen pearl eventually.

Here you can see it better:

26311-857.jpg

I can see it better now, I was thinking to do the same than you, but I don’t think that you can buy only the pearl and I am not sure about if a gen bezel insert will fit ...well some day I will try to fit a gen bezel insert. Thank you for the fast answer