When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 bezel insert vs 16800 bezel insert

cableguy

from the search i did, it seems the 16800 is a rolex from the 80's and the 16610 is from 2005-2006ish....

so i assume if ive sourced a bezel insert for a 16800 its gonna not look correct for my 16610?

the picture of the actual bezel in question

253958-6774.jpg

they say its for a 16800. pearl looks good to me thou....should i hold out for one specificlally for my so called perfect sub (16610 i assume) from paul?

without having one of these in hand....and not having taken apart my current rep....does the pearl and the Metal Ring come out as one? if it does i can see transplanting it to my current bezel, by just drilling out the pearl's hole sligtly bigger....

hmmmm

I installed a gen 16800 insert on my tw sub and it needed to be sanded down as it was too large. I've got a tutorial link in my signature. Now my insert was for my transitional 16800 project but it will work for modern subs as the non mbw subs pretty much all have the same size cases and there is little to no variations in the gen inserts for 16610 and 16800 subs. The insert you're referring to looks good to me. Get it and be prepared for a bit of work. ;)

On gen Rolex 16610's the correct bezel insert is the same as for the 16800. Part # 315-16800 or something like that. The problem occurs, like Bruce says, when you try to fit the bezel insert in a rep. That's when you have to go to modifying the insert to make it fit.

now that you mentioned the Submariner 16800 iam wondering why Replica manufacturers have not produced a similar replica model which combines the Vintage look with yellowish hour markers together with sapphire crystal (instead of Acrylic).

Can i make one of my own by taking a modern submariner & put inside a dial of a Vintage one ? Will the dial fit ???

See photo of 16800

post-3521-1180848998_thumb.jpg

Edited by tigerdaytona