When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No shipping info and no watch...

Marc283

I was wondering how it should take to receive shipping info from one of our trusted collectors?

I ordered on april 27 and got a very fast reply. The collector said that he could proces my order after 5 days, because it would take 5 (working) days to clear the money from Paypal. In that period is was also Golden week in China.

I was ok with those 5 days waiting. So I paid my order on april 28. After the Golden week I mailed the collector to ask him if the payment was ok and when he was going to ship my watch. He said: tomorrow or the day after.

And then started the radio silence. In the 3 weeks to follow I sent him one e-mail per week to ask him a update about my shipping info and watch. I think I have been friendly and polite in every mail I sent him but never got any reply. :thumbdown:

BTW I won't mention his name here. But I need to know if this is normal? In the past I have ordered from another dealer and his communicatian was superberb.

I'm a bit worried now!

BTW I won't mention his name here. But I need to know if this is normal? In the past I have ordered from another dealer and his communicatian was superberb.

I'm a bit worried now!

Sorry to hear about your situation... Though it's difficult to say if your experience is considered 'normal', per se; some dealers have excellent communication pre/post sale, while some don't.

Have you rsearched Collector reviews on this individual? That may or may not provide further insight to your situation...

Sorry to hear about your situation... Though it's difficult to say if your experience is considered 'normal', per se; some dealers have excellent communication pre/post sale, while some don't.

Have you rsearched Collector reviews on this individual? That may or may not provide further insight to your situation...

Yes I have been reading the collectors reviews and the collector gets very good reviews. All I can say is that I didn't order from the collector who is known for his lack in communication.

There is nothing wrong with revealing the dealer. For some dealers 3 weeks would not overly concern me. For others I would be wondering what is happening. For some dealers this is their full time job. For others it is more of a sideline. The good news and one of the reasons you presumably hang out here and utilize the resources is that in the end you are dealing with someone who has done many transactions with the membership and it is highly unlikely that you will be stiffed. But if you are being taken advantage of then the membership wants to know. By the way I completely agree with your once a week protocol when a piece is delayed.

There is nothing wrong with revealing the dealer. For some dealers 3 weeks would not overly concern me. For others I would be wondering what is happening. For some dealers this is their full time job. For others it is more of a sideline. The good news and one of the reasons you presumably hang out here and utilize the resources is that in the end you are dealing with someone who has done many transactions with the membership and it is highly unlikely that you will be stiffed. But if you are being taken advantage of then the membership wants to know. By the way I completely agree with your once a week protocol when a piece is delayed.

I don't really care how long it takes for the watch to get here. But i'm a bit worried, because before I paid the collector he replied within 24h to my e-mails. And after that I paid he did not respond to anything anymore.

The only thing I tried to get from him was an update about my shipping info/watch.

Edited by Marc283

Don't worry,.. whoever the collector is,... as long as they are trusted here, then

you will receive your watch.

Since we are like family here, the process can get pretty informal at times where

trust is assumed, but don't take that to mean that they are going to rip you off

or value you any less,... it only means that you are one of the gang,.. they trust

you, and vice versa..

MMMmmm... I don't like this kind of thing ...

This is not the first time I'm hearing complain about our collectors...

Hope that "things" have not changed... Anyway good luck and keep u inform if you don't get your watch it should be nice to have the name of the one from who you bought the watch

;)

Ok thank you al for your replies.

I ordered from a trusted collector here and over at TRC. So I think I'll get my watch eventually.

I absolutly didn't want to say that the collector is ripping me off. But like I said before: Before the sale I got replies within 24h. And after the sale the replies stopped. That worried me a bit. It's not really about the money since it's not a very expensive watch that I ordered. And I can't believe that one of our trusted dealers will rip someone off for a $100+ order!!!

Most of you tell me not to worry. So I don't and I will wait for the watch to show up at my doorstep. I'll keep you posted......

Ok thank you al for your replies.

I ordered from a trusted collector here and over at TRC. So I think I'll get my watch eventually.

I absolutly didn't want to say that the collector is ripping me off. But like I said before: Before the sale I got replies within 24h. And after the sale the replies stopped. That worried me a bit. It's not really about the money since it's not a very expensive watch that I ordered. And I can't believe that one of our trusted dealers will rip someone off for a $100+ order!!!

Most of you tell me not to worry. So I don't and I will wait for the watch to show up at my doorstep. I'll keep you posted......

A little update: the collector emailed me. He said my emails got in his spamfolder instead of his regular inbox. I provided him my payment details and he is going to check his records.

So I guess in the end everything ends well. :)

Edited by Marc283

I don't really care how long it takes for the watch to get here.

Hi Marc,

I wouldn't worry at all.

And, what you say about not really caring how long it takes is a prove of intelligence.

We are in a totally illegal hobby aren't we.

So, the only thing that should matter is that the watch lands safely on your wrist.

Rather later than never !

I am pretty sure every single collector you can find here will ALLWAYS send (or dropship maybe) your watch.

Bear in mind that we're dealing with another type of culture also than we are used to: you seem to be from Europe, they are not (some exceptions though): Asia is another planet.

I dealt with Asian collectors in the past and got tons of mails "yeah" " don't worry" "watch will dispatch" "ok friend" ....it did never make the watch be delivered faster.

Some arrived in 5 working days, some in 5 weeks.

Relax, and keep us posted.

Cheers

Stephane

O yeah, we did; otherwise the subject line would be "Anybody heard from N... lately?" :lol:

This kind of thing is strange, I always have good communication with the Chinese (say) collectors, never had a problem like that...

By the way: "Anybody heard TTK's voice lately ? "

It's horrible :Jumpy:

All I can say is that I didn't order from the collector who is known for his lack in communication.

Folks, he said he did not get from... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had some contact with the collector the last 11 days.

He told me my first shipment didn't make it through Chinese customs.

Now with the second shipment the collector heard from EMS China that EMS is banned from the Netherlands. He is using regular airmail now. He said it's saver and I will get my watch.

So the waiting has started again. But i'm in good faith the watch will get here.

I go with air mail with everything for my watches and it always arrive, I would NOT risk any EMS/UPS methods since they are way more customs risky.

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after 7-8 weeks the watch is here!!

Got myself a Chopard Gran Turismo XL, white dail.

The watch has some flaws; white date wheel (which I think looks nicer on a white dail). And on the crown is engraved: 1000 AILGIM instead of MIGLIA. But for the rest it's a nice watch. Big bang for the buck. :thumbsupsmileyanim: