When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

On the fence....

Marv1n

Guys,

Glad to be here, and am learning more every day. Now I'm ready to jump, but on the sage advice of another member will retrain myself and only order 1 rep at a time.

I'm thinking either PAM196 or 111. Who has the best/most accurate rep? Which movement should I look for on these items?

If anyone owns either, a quick readers digest review would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Marv1n

I favor the 196 with metal band. My first ever Panerai replica was a piece of crap fantasy model that I bought form a co-worker at the time. It had a white face and a moonphase haha! That was many years ago and long before I even new what a swiss movement was. I'm glad you are doing some research before making a purchase. For reliability's sake, I recommend something with a swiss movement.

Edited by that_watch_guy

029 or 063 (or both) are definitely worth getting. Same ETA movement as the genuine, and it looks damn good. These ones are very limited and there may not even be any stocks left.. so get it while it's available. If you don't like it you should be able to sell it or swap it with someone.

The 196 requires the fewest mods to be close to a gen. Datewheel is the only giveaway, and if anyone can see the datefont, they're deep in your personal space. 029/063 are great as well, although the crowns are not as good as the 196 and the cyclops provides little mag. Personally, the 029 is my favorite Panerai.

Guys,

Glad to be here, and am learning more every day. Now I'm ready to jump, but on the sage advice of another member will retrain myself and only order 1 rep at a time.

I'm thinking either PAM196 or 111. Who has the best/most accurate rep? Which movement should I look for on these items?

If anyone owns either, a quick readers digest review would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you want accuracy then the PAM001, 111 or 183 are the ones to go for.

The PAM001 is with a solid caseback so no problems with movement not being decorated correctly etc.

Also, if price is an issue, you can get the 111 or 183 for a pretty good price with Asian manual movement.

If you want to go the way of Swiss ETA "Unitas" 6497, then they can also be found, but at least double the price of the Asian version.

If you want an ETA, the PAM036 in titanium is also very good, and doesn't have the centre cannon pinion problem. The only mod that really needs to be done is a relume and that's it.

whatever pam you pick...you won't regret...just the bad thing is that you won't stop buying them..

my first pam was the 029...and i love it...then i went with the 196...212...090...SlyTech...

now i wanna the 47mm...127&217...and have some plans for getting the arktos...

that is how it goes...

pick one that you like the most...others will follow!