When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New timepieces this week,,,,

Guest eddielee11

the only visible difference i can spot from the photos are the that it is missing the "T" Swiss Made "T" on the bottom of the dial.

otherwise, damn good copy

only the gen titanium version has the T. not the stainless one... so its ok.

i think the hour markers look a bit cheap (maybe do a relume) and pugwash noticed that minute ticks are probably too short. not sure if the hands colors are exact either.

but these are minor problems, this one is damn fine...

Edited by Hok

NICE!

Only things I see: bezel hash marks are a bit too thick; alignment of the 12 hour marker (whenever there are two geometric pieces, even the tiniest misalignment shows. this may or may not apply to the model you get).

i just ordered mine in black.

i have a gen '05 Aquatimer with a rubber strap. I was thinking... maybe... just maybe... the SS band might fit my gen Aquatimer. (IWC quoted me 1K for a SS Band!)

If it doesn't fit, then oh well.... just another watch to my collection.

Gentlemen, I am most pleased to see that there are finally more IWCs coming out for us! Certainly this means that the rep makers know that us consumers do indeed desire IWC watches. Finally a sign! For the longest time I was sure that the rep makers could care less about IWC (and certainly less about us annoying perfectionist-type RWG members). Now there appears to be a change of tide.

Wow. Could this mean that a perfect MK XV looms up ahead?

Leave it up to tha man, EL!!

PS. Thanks R.T. for thinkin' of me!

IMHO, the color of the gold on the PAM 231 (which doesn't come out until June in the gens) looks really good which is half the battle with gold reps. Also the movement looks pretty darn good too. Of course the blue engraving has to be cleaned up and grayed. What is interesting is as I have been studying the new PAM's I am noticing that different versions of the CDG movement on the gens have different screws blued. The 231 gen has almost all major screws blued. The 217 Destro does not. Anyhow, Eddie these new ones look good. The emergence of new IWC reps is a wonderful development. The GST Chrono set a high standard. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I may just have to stray from PAM's for a little bit.

I wish they would have at least attempted to decorate the movement in the Jones.

i must purchase this jones... i love it... and waiting for portugieser jubilee

the movement in Jones isn´t nice, but i will rebuild it with genuine decorated unitas movement with cotes de geneve style and blue screws...

look my movement here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-eta-unitas-6498-...1QQcmdZViewItem

if you interested in same project please contact me. i will make you best forum price. 40% discount.

i must purchase this jones... i love it... and waiting for portugieser jubilee

the movement in Jones isn´t nice, but i will rebuild it with genuine decorated unitas movement with cotes de geneve style and blue screws...

look my movement here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-eta-unitas-6498-...1QQcmdZViewItem

if you interested in same project please contact me. i will make you best forum price. 40% discount.

wow, this baby will be a stunner! wonder what the OEM IWC decorated movement would cost

Edited by Hok