When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sly Stallone ... Where Slytech got it's name

lanikai

OP History ... no sh_t

year.. 1995

A special edition of watches is created. Sly is the nickname of actor Syvester Stallone, A great admirer of the watch, who had requested a special edition called Submersible to use during the shooting of the movie Daylight. Subsequently, Stallone requested an edition with a white dial, named Daylight, and a personalized re-edition of the Mare Nostrum. All of these watches bear the actor's signiture engraqved on the back....

taken from OP time line History

From Hawaii :victory:

Mahalo for the news release lanikai. So do you live in Kailua? If you do a bit of a search, you will see many posts relating to Sly Stallone and his involvement with Panerai, it is an often told tale around here.

Mahalo for the news release lanikai. So do you live in Kailua? If you do a bit of a search, you will see many posts relating to Sly Stallone and his involvement with Panerai, it is an often told tale around here.

i am sure everyone knows the trivia ... thought i would post it anyway ... he came to the old world gym when we were on the Ala Wai ... he is like 5'3" amazing what camera angles can do ... i am at Lanikai juice or morning brew every morning .. been a member since last year but never took time to check out the threads... burnt out on watching dvd's ....

• 1 month later...
i am sure everyone knows the trivia ... thought i would post it anyway ... he came to the old world gym when we were on the Ala Wai ... he is like 5'3" amazing what camera angles can do ... i am at Lanikai juice or morning brew every morning .. been a member since last year but never took time to check out the threads... burnt out on watching dvd's ....

I'm going to read this entire Panerai area, to bone up on straps, lume jobs, canon pin wotsits, etc. So on doing so, I read this.

Ahem. I'm 5'6" and I have stood right next to Sly Stallone, upon meeting him by chance in Worth Avenue (Palm Beach). He's 5'9" or so. I know you were probably exaggerating for comic effect, but he's not THAT small.

By the way, his arms were very masculinely muscled -- not behemoths, but pumped. Much larger than in photos.

I also once read in an old Hollywood actor's autobio that Rudolph Valentino was the darkest white man that person had ever seen (almost caramel), and I had the very same impression with Sly. A gorgeous deep natural tan, like a real Southern Italian.

I'm going to read this entire Panerai area, to bone up on straps, lume jobs, canon pin wotsits, etc. So on doing so, I read this.

Ahem. I'm 5'6" and I have stood right next to Sly Stallone, upon meeting him by chance in Worth Avenue (Palm Beach). He's 5'9" or so. I know you were probably exaggerating for comic effect, but he's not THAT small.

By the way, his arms were very masculinely muscled -- not behemoths, but pumped. Much larger than in photos.

I also once read in an old Hollywood actor's autobio that Rudolph Valentino was the darkest white man that person had ever seen (almost caramel), and I had the very same impression with Sly. A gorgeous deep natural tan, like a real Southern Italian.

that's nice that you met someone named Sly but I am 5'8" and the Sly that was at the World gym was the Genuine Stallone and he was introduced to us by my training partner .. Rocky Johnson .. maybe you heard of his son The Rock... well The Rock was 13 years old at the time, that's about how long ago Sly was here in Hawaii, but i don't think my memory has faded that much ... and it is well documented that Sly is not 5'9" .... no he is not "small" he is usually really ripped and looks much bigger because of his symetry... maybe you were standing in a pot hole (joke)... take my ancedotes for what it's worth

that's nice that you met someone named Sly but I am 5'8" and the Sly that was at the World gym was the Genuine Stallone and he was introduced to us by my training partner .. Rocky Johnson .. maybe you heard of his son The Rock... well The Rock was 13 years old at the time, that's about how long ago Sly was here in Hawaii, but i don't think my memory has faded that much ... and it is well documented that Sly is not 5'9" .... no he is not "small" he is usually really ripped and looks much bigger because of his symetry... maybe you were standing in a pot hole (joke)... take my ancedotes for what it's worth

If they're well-connected, and they lived or live in Miami, chances are I have met them socially, Lanikai. Heck, I've even met Carlos Ponce, and until I was introduced to him, I had no idea who he was. ;)

That's what happens when you live in South Beach, and Palm Beach, not in some dumpy outpost like Hawaii. *runs!*

P.S.: He wasn't wearing a Panerai that day. I could be wrong but he was wearing a very refined VC tourbillon with croc strap. But then, poor thing, he tries his best when he's in Palm Beach, because those old snobs put people like him in his place. I don't know how many times he's applied to the Everglades Club, but he stands zero chance of being a member...