When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which PAM for a newbie?

If money is no object than get a genuine!

Otherwise,

PAM028 - cyclops, croown/crown guard (?), relume, real PVD, datewheel

PAM029/063 - cyclops, crown/crown guard (?), relume, datewheel

PAM196 - datewheel, relume, crown

I am not 100% sure on these, someone like sssurfer or finepics will know more.

Guest overboosted

Wilkommen!

111 is a good bet for a starter PAM. Maybe try an asian movement if you are not sure about the PAM size and what not. If you definetly know you will love it and want to keep it, spend the extra for the swiss. I have a few asian copy pams and not too thrilled, but hit and miss.

No dealers ship from US. Most dealers will however gaurentee you get your watch so the only bad thing is the wait. Oh the wait! Keep an eye out in the Trade section. Some nice PAMs usually pop up in there. I got my first one second hand and now have at least 12. Kinda ran out of models I like without being too redundant.

005, 111, 036 are good to start with, or may be 217

then u need to service the movement, relume and capped the hands for some of the above mentioned models cause there r some which does not have recessed pin

Edited by ohmycocker

Agreed, 111H is the way to start off. I still really enjoy wearing mine and its the one Ive spent the most money on after the initial watch.

I'd go w/ the latest decorated-bridges/swan neck F series 111--since it has a more accurate guard than the H series, all you need is a relume, capped hands, and you'll have about as accurate of a Panerai as you can buy.