When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what just came in! My PAM 029 2893!

sye46

An update on my PAM 29.

After 24 hours of run the situation has not improved.

The GMT hand cannot be set to 00 minutes difference with the main hour hand. It loos like it is "hardcoded" to 25 mins difference with the main hour hand. So its always out of sync.

I have spoke to EL (he is a great dealer as always) and he replace it.

Sorry to hear about your repeating problem,..Good it was from EL though..

Strange how certain problems plague certain people,.. for me it's crooked markers, but when

I see photos of other members watches.. it seems that everyone is getting aligned

markers but me... :huh:

how come there is distortion when you look at it from an angle? none my other watches have this distortion. and sorry if this is a stupid question as my brain capacity is nowhere near yours.

haha...yes...distortion on mine too! maybe the concave is on the inside of the watch... :p since the cyclops is on the inside as well.... :Jumpy: superdome inside out!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry to hear about your repeating problem,..Good it was from EL though..

Strange how certain problems plague certain people,.. for me it's crooked markers, but when

I see photos of other members watches.. it seems that everyone is getting aligned

markers but me... :huh:

You a right on "how certain problems plague certain people". It seems that me and the PAM GMTs arre not well toghether (even though I like this watch a lot).

So far I had 2 PAMs GMT (both 2893) from River and on both the GMT hand was out of sync. Both went back.

Now the third that goes back (to EL this time).

I am waiting to see the forth one. :unsure:

If its wrong again , I will send it back and I will buy a 100 $ Asian GMT with cosmetic GMT function.

or even better a cheap 75 $ ore from Silix.

Dont know what to say any more :(

.... the quality issue is always there when you buy a rep. You never know what you will get.

Its a roulette.

Dont know what to say any more :(

.... the quality issue is always there when you buy a rep. You never know what you will get.

Its a roulette.

Get a Franck Muller Vegas :whistling:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Amk,

Try this; Set your time to 6 O'clock.

Then go for the gmt hand independent setting position,.. and slowly turn the crown,

you will notice that sometimes it will get stuck between, to at times go too far,

this is normal on a new engine... the gears need to be moved and lubricated,..

keep turning slow until it lines up perfectly, then it should be fine.

Let me know what happens.

Richard, I tried this on mine (which is also about 22 minutes off) but as soon as I push the crown back in the gmt hand 'jumps' to it's default click position... so there is some play when adjusting, but it jumps right back to the wrong position no matter how carefully I push in the crown..

Suggestions? Is this something that can be fixed??

The hands are simply pressed onto the pins. If they're not lined up properly it's a pretty simple to fix. Any watch repair person who does more than change batteries and who owns a hand pulling tool should have no problems with this.

Hopefully it just a matter of a sloppy installation. If the GMT hand is always off by the same amount then resetting the hands should take care of it. However, the early 2893 based PAM029s had problems with the GMT hand dragging on the dial. If you have that problem then you should see differing errors as time goes by.

Just got my Pam 029 2893 from EL. It took 5 days in total to get here in East Coast of USA. It is a beautiful watch. Can someone please give me some instruction ( the proper way) to test GMT function of the watch.

Thanks

The hands are simply pressed onto the pins. If they're not lined up properly it's a pretty simple to fix. Any watch repair person who does more than change batteries and who owns a hand pulling tool should have no problems with this.

Hopefully it just a matter of a sloppy installation. If the GMT hand is always off by the same amount then resetting the hands should take care of it. However, the early 2893 based PAM029s had problems with the GMT hand dragging on the dial. If you have that problem then you should see differing errors as time goes by.