When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can't say that I'm the biggest (modern) Breitling fan...

ubiquitous

But I must say that I am rather impressed with this SuperOcean Steelfish I rec'd yesterday!

I got this on a trade for some parts... And I chose this one for grins. I have some friends who are really into bigger watches, and so I thought if anything, I could make it a nice gift. So... When I received this watch, I wasn't sure what to really expect. I've seen the reviews of it, which all suggest it to be a very high quality piece- That much I wasn't worried about- But what I was interested in seeing was how big this watch would be, as I'm familiar with most modern Breitlings to be rather big (the last watch I had was an old school Ti Seawolf Avenger with gen dial.... That thing was comically huge on my wrist. I describe it as being akin to a roll of duct tape sitting on top of my wrist :lol: ).

So... Taking this watch out of the box... It's big... But not HUGE like I was expecting. Seems to wear about the same (to me) as most 44mm PAMs (though I think the SOSF is 42mm; I haven't measured, so Breitling folks can [please] correct me here if I am wrong). The quality, as expected from prior excellent reviews is very well executed. Nice, solid case with some heft and presence... Good detail on the dial.... Bracelet is nice and adjustable- Very comfortable; I rec'd a genuine rubber strap with mine, though I think I'll keep it on bracelet for now.

Not much else to say about this watch that hasn't been covered before... It's a neat watch, and I'll probably hang onto it just for the coolness factor. Will I wear it? I dunno...

Onto some pics (which I apologize for... They turned out to be a little darker than expected)...

256362-6455.jpg

256362-6456.jpg

256362-6457.jpg

256362-6458.jpg

256362-6459.jpg

256362-6460.jpg

Thanks for looking!

R

Needless to say I love this watch (and rep). And you're right, it's not really "huge" on the wrist... but looks quite balanced. For some reason the Seawolf Ti Avenger looks bigger although (I think) it's basically the same case.

Enjoy your fine new rep my friend!!

PS: Check my review of the blue one (in case you missed it). For some reason it went almost unnoticed here.

But I must say that I am rather impressed with this SuperOcean Steelfish I rec'd yesterday!

... Will I wear it? I dunno...

HUH?!! Will you wear it, dunno?? Are you crazy? Why wouldn't you wear it.

I just bought my first rep yesterday, a Rolex, want to see what this rep stuff is about.

If I like it, this is the next purchase, I guarantee you I will wear it! :)

Btw, is this the swiss or asian version? :unsure:

Honestly... I'm not sure... I haven't cracked it open yet to inspect, so I can't definitively say. If it's not the 2824, I have a few to choose from in my box o' spares to transplant, so not too worried either way ;)

Looks great. Nice to have the rubber strap for when you want a bit of variation too, you'll love it on the rubber strap!

Have I previously mentioned this is possibly the best replica we've seen? I think I have ... :D

Mr. Quitous, you really need to try it on a fat leather band.

Indeed... I'll need to try it on both the leather and the rubber. I'm still a bit unsure about how I will like the rubber strap... But I guess there's no way to know until I give it a shot :)

Needless to say I love this watch (and rep). And you're right, it's not really "huge" on the wrist... but looks quite balanced. For some reason the Seawolf Ti Avenger looks bigger although (I think) it's basically the same case.

Enjoy your fine new rep my friend!!

PS: Check my review of the blue one (in case you missed it). For some reason it went almost unnoticed here.

It's a fascinating piece... And a bit different to my usual rep-itoire. The actual case is a bit slimmer than the Ti Seawolf from what I recall; the Ti was a monstrous piece... But oh so light.

HUH?!! Will you wear it, dunno?? Are you crazy? Why wouldn't you wear it.

I basically got this piece on a whim. Wasn't really looking to get one of these to begin with, and it wasn't any cash out of my pocket either. Of all the watches in my collection, I wear 3 of them at most. The rest just sit in the box, and this one will most likely join those...