When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my SFSO today yay!

Nice pics, makes me want to wear mine! Have you sorted out the movement issue with you seller?

i took it to a watchsmith for a full watch service.. it costed me $110 and i'm getting it back in 10 days.. i mean the dealer did offer for me to send it back and she'll replace a new movement in.. but one i think i've given the dealer too much trouble, two im scared that the same thing will happen again.. i think the movement got damaged during its trip here to australia.. so viper do you think i did a stupid job by doing this? lol but full service job is better for the watch right?

ohh and i gotta ask another thing mate.. would a genuine bezel and a gen dial fit in the steelfish superocean? thanks :)

i took it to a watchsmith for a full watch service.. it costed me $110 and i'm getting it back in 10 days.. i mean the dealer did offer for me to send it back and she'll replace a new movement in.. but one i think i've given the dealer too much trouble, two im scared that the same thing will happen again.. i think the movement got damaged during its trip here to australia.. so viper do you think i did a stupid job by doing this? lol but full service job is better for the watch right?

ohh and i gotta ask another thing mate.. would a genuine bezel and a gen dial fit in the steelfish superocean? thanks :)

So is the dealer paying for the service for your watch???

The dealer was kind enough to offer a movement exchange, imho I would have taken that offer. That said, a full watch service by your watchsmith is a pretty good idea as well, since he can look through everything which might have been missed out by the QC from the source.

Reps do get up to mischief once in a while, its a fact we live with, so rest assured that all should be ok once you pick up your SFSO later. Remember to drop by and tell him to clear any dust on the dial or crystal when he is done with the service too! And ask for a water resistance test if you haven't done so.

For my 2 SFSOs the bezel is adequate for me, not sure if the genuine dial would fit, I'm curious as well!

So is the dealer paying for the service for your watch???

hahha nah.. but she said she will be willing to give me a free $110 watch free for my next order.. id rather have a $110 discount then a free watch :p.. but hey.. that shows how good of a dealer she is i guess...

and to viper.. i will ask him that to do a water resistant test and to clean of all dusts from the watch :) but would it cost extra though?

ohh and i forgot one thing.. the genuine dial would fit, i mean thats most of the flaws are in anyway if there are any flaws... the only ones i can think of is the lume.. but yeah.. i just asked some people in here and the watchmaker he said that gen dial would fit.. and i jsut called him and he said he'll do some water resistant tests :)

ok so now the question is now how much is a gen dial hehehe

lol that im not sure.. i asked my dealer about this.. she said someone is willing to sell a gen dial for $50.. but she said also that she's not sure if it is real.. because normally genuine dials would cost around $200-300.. so yeh and some collectors in here also said that they got their gen dials for $35.. so theres a possibility that the $50 dial is gen.. dilemma!