When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my SFSO today yay!

hi i just got my sfso today and it is very nice :) the only problem i have with it is the bracelet.. its not locking in at the clasp lock.. but that is very minor problem.. i think i can just buy the genuine rubber diver strap and i'll be sweet.. overall its very very nice.. the pics on the site doesnt do justice!!! ill post some pics later :) see ya!

oh and also ive been wearing my watch for 2 hrs now... but why is it that every 10 mins the movement stops? can someone help me how to keep charging the power reserve? because everytime my hands stop moving for 1 min.. it stops.. until i move my hand again!

Hi there friend,

a question did u wind ure watch up upon reciving it ? the watch stayed still during the shippin so i suggest if u did not do it to wind the watch up some 80 turns or so this will give the watc enough reserve to run and u will keep it up by having it on the hand ...

hope this solves it for u anyway nice watch congrats .

regards laz

its the ETA version.. yeh i did the winding about 15 times.. and it works for about 5 mins.. then stopped again.. i dunno y its still doing it now.. even if i have it off my wrist it stops.. so i guess its because it has been still for the last week or so in the shipping :).. any other ideas? i tried the jumping jack thing.. but after 2 mins im scared the watch will break lol!

its the ETA version.. yeh i did the winding about 15 times.. and it works for about 5 mins.. then stopped again.. i dunno y its still doing it now.. even if i have it off my wrist it stops.. so i guess its because it has been still for the last week or so in the shipping :).. any other ideas? i tried the jumping jack thing.. but after 2 mins im scared the watch will break lol!

15 times .... wind it up full ! i have a upo swiss eta think its simmilar mech ... i wind it 80+ turns to get full ... i think u cant overwind it ... by-thor ?

regards laz

Hi there friend,

a question did u wind ure watch up upon reciving it ? the watch stayed still during the shippin so i suggest if u did not do it to wind the watch up some 80 turns or so this will give the watc enough reserve to run and u will keep it up by having it on the hand ...

hope this solves it for u anyway nice watch congrats .

regards laz

yeh i just did that it still stops after 2 mins actually.. not sure why.. but im pretty sure its not broken :S because when its working.. it keeps the right time

Is it ETA or Asian?

Shake it and listen if you can hear the rotor sound from inside the watch.

yep when its ticking.. i can hear the rotor moving kinda like tick tick tick but fast :).. when im shaking it i can hear a soft wheel kinda thing moving.. not as loud as my $50 daytona though.. so yeh :)

Congrats on the SuperOcean, nice, hefty watch!

Remember to wind the watch crown at normal speed, 80 turns should be able to power up the watch nicely. If it still stops, look for the seconds hand, has it stopped coincidently where the minute hand is at? Might be a hand mis-alignment.

Congrats on the SuperOcean, nice, hefty watch!

Remember to wind the watch crown at normal speed, 80 turns should be able to power up the watch nicely. If it still stops, look for the seconds hand, has it stopped coincidently where the minute hand is at? Might be a hand mis-alignment.

heyy ok imma try winding it up again.. nah it stops whenever it wants to stop lol.. so winding up the crown is? lemme explain how i do it see if this is correct.. i unscrew the crown (not pulling it though) and turn it clockwise 80 times? :)

heyy ok imma try winding it up again.. nah it stops whenever it wants to stop lol.. so winding up the crown is? lemme explain how i do it see if this is correct.. i unscrew the crown (not pulling it though) and turn it clockwise 80 times? :)

Yes, you will be able to feel a winding sensation, sort of like a 'scrunchy sound'. ETA movements please take it nice and normal, don't go too fast with the winding!

Yes, you will be able to feel a winding sensation, sort of like a 'scrunchy sound'. ETA movements please take it nice and normal, don't go too fast with the winding!

i've tried it actually i've winded it more than 100 times.. it seems to stop at the same spot all the time at the 10 secs mark 15 secs mark 35, 45 and 60... i dont know why.. but everytime i move the watch it starts moving again :S

Ok , dont want to sound negative but looks like some movement problem, some members could maybe have some other answers for u ... hope nothing serious and ull manage to get it fixed or replaced asap.

regards laz

yeah i think it is some movement problems :S.. i mean it stops every 5 secs.. and another thing is that you have to shake it really hard for it to work again :S.. it wasnt like that b4.. what do you suggest me doing now?

should i open the back? :S

Well if u dont have watch experience and the prooper tools (neither do i) i would not take that road ...

One thing u can do is take it to local watchmaker and ask him to check it maybe a quick cheap fix and good to go .

Another option is to contact an expert from the boards first name rings in my head is The Zigmeister , and ask him what u shoud do etc.

Last u can contact ure "collector" explain the situation and ask for replacement ...

regards laz

Yes.

However, I'd check with your dealer first.

will do :).. i just sent her an email.. but i mean if a watch repairer (those ones at the mall that does key cuttings as well) can repair a swiss eta without me having to sent back the watch all the way back to china.. i'd rather do that :).. how much do you think it'll cost to fix the movement approximately? :)

i got a question that is off topic. are you armin van buuren? or do you like this guy? because he is my favorite dj. i have seen him twice in quebec city. :victory:

lol hahah i love avb!!! sif armin would buy a rep watch.. he probably could buy 50 gens... hehehe yeah i saw him in 2004 summadayze in melbourne too.. how mad is he?