When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR run #3 pics!

flavor flav

is this the best available AR? :rolleyes:

ok than look AR on my swiss case... and this is not moded or overworked... it is standard AR from factory. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

what do you guys think about this AR?

That's extremely tinted. With the AR coating I use, it's difficult to detect the tint without the watch dial in place. And black dials reveal the tint more so than white ones. Also the degree of tint is partially controlled by the substrate material itself, and will noticeably vary if you're using mineral vs sapphire for example.

But the real question is how well does it inhibit reflections, as that is its job. Good AR coatings will often times make the crystal "disappear", i.e. make it look like there is no crystal on the watch at all. The degree of color tint is secondary. The only coating I've seen this deep a blue was on my Breitling Seawolf Avenger from the factory. I removed that coating and had that crystal double coated later, and there was a marked improvement in that situation. But, at the same time, it went from being single coated to double coated - so not a fair comparison at all.

A couple of quick Pics from my two in this run:

VC Overseas

263783-4913.jpg

IWC Ingeneur:

263783-4914.jpg

It is hard to describe how good this Double Side AR from Chief really is. The crystal seems to dissapear and the dial just POPS out at you.

Big shout to Flav for popping the crystals out and in for me.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Flav and Chief,

My hat's off to you both. The Pilot in the pic is mine, and in my mind, pics can't describe how great the watch looks. I never would have imagined how big of a difference a good AR job does for the watch. In my mind, it's my new favorite mod.

Thanks again.

My crystals for my Ingy and 187 arrived this week also and I can also confirm the coating really does make a difference.

I this pic you can see the difference compared to a one of the better rep AR's on the PO and with my 063 on the end with no AR.

264041-4892.jpg

This pic is straight out of the camera, no PS or lens filter and yea the Ingy dial does look that good!

Looks great, Bazz. The comparison with the rep AR coating on the PO is very interesting!! I'd love to see a comparison to the rep coating on the Steelfish. I think the Steelfish coating is the real deal, and my only question would be how durable it is in comparison to the professional coat... Although I doubt anyone will volunteer to perform that test!!