When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For those who want genuine date font and movement in their Chronomat Evo.

chrgod

As most Evo fans know, the date font on the genuine is a bit different. Genuine Breitling date wheels are hard (impossible?) to come by. Switching to a genuine movement might be a solution.

This movement is out on the Bay, with 17 hours left. The date font looks quite good to me. I suppose it is not from an Evolution, but an earlier watch. The current calibre 13 has an even better finish.

Good luck if someone wants to take the jump! :)

Breitling Original new movement

263345-4985.jpg

263345-4986.jpg

Thanks for the post :)

Not sure how difficult it would be to source hands....not sure if the mod can be done on our current hands to fit a gen Breitling movement. I've read that the Breit. movement, although based on the 7750, is a bit different.....dunno :bicycle: .... it would be great to use the datewheel as a template for new DWs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Another Breitling 7750 movement up for grabs, with correct date wheel.. Hmm, it actually seems to be some of them floating around... Wonder where they come from.. :g: They seems to go in the 4-500 USD range.

I belive this one is a newer version... Tempting.. Almost a shame that my Asian 7750 runs so smooth. :)

Breitling Calibre 13 on eBay

Very tempting! I suppose you would need gen hands for the swap?

Yes, and in my experience, other than Omega and Rolex, hands are the hardest OEM part to get (aside from cases, of course). If anyone can post consistent source for OEM hands, they'd be a hero.

What would really be cool is if a Breit seconds @ 3 movement would come up...

Yes, and in my experience, other than Omega and Rolex, hands are the hardest OEM part to get (aside from cases, of course). If anyone can post consistent source for OEM hands, they'd be a hero.

Agreed, or an Omega seconds at 3... or an AP ROO with seconds at 12 :whistling:

Here's an idea...

1) Forum members should pool some funds and purchase this movement

2) Remove the date-wheel and send to the "Date-Wheel Masters" on this forum for replication

3) Start selling replicated date-wheels to all the Breitling owners

4) Use the generated funds to pay for the date-wheel replication

5) Return funds to the original members that bought the movement

6) Donate excess funds to the forum

A bit complicated to coordinate, but in the end everyone is happy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is something I would be willing to do, after all, we can always sell the movement afterwards! I am willing to put $50 in to a pot. If someone is willing to do the copy of the datewheel? We would only need about 10 people to get this movement.

This is something I would be willing to do, after all, we can always sell the movement afterwards! I am willing to put $50 in to a pot. If someone is willing to do the copy of the datewheel? We would only need about 10 people to get this movement.

Was it "lello" that was making the date-wheels and the overlays?

I think repaustria has a connection for these movements, if he comes into direct contact with one, perhaps he can make a high quality scan of it and fwd it to Lello? That would be GREAT! I'm sure we could come up with a way to compensate them for this trouble and inconvenience..... ;)

this movement (running seconds @3 is a ETA2892-A2 with a kelek module. (breilting OWNS kelek) :-)

Quote:

Since Breitling's acquisition of Kelek, the level of finishing and modifications to their movements has increased dramatically. For example, a Breitling caliber 13 enhanced by Kelek tested accurate to +1 second per 24 hours (WatchTime magazine) and is nicely decorated with Geneva Waves and circular graining.

Who is Kelek?

Kelek is a Swiss watch manufacturer founded in 1896 and owned by Breitling. In addition to finishing and modifying Breitling's ETA/Valjoux/other base movements to high standards, Kelek develops in-house modules for them. You can find Kelek's official Web site at www.kelekwatches.com.

There are reports indicating that Kelek has now been fully integrated with Breitling and its new name is Chronometrie Breitling.

well, bidding has ended for the other breitling movement, and I must say, I have resisted SO HARD not to buy the movement. Well, do we have a poster that bought this and do a datewheel project? I really had thought about the first thing that I would do when I get this movement, would to be send it to watchmeisters' way to see if we can do the overlay project. oh well, maybe someone else richer than me will come along and get this project going.