When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Showing a 111H rep to a watch dealer

thomasng

So today, I was wearing my 111H rep the whole day, after we adjourned for the day at the courthouse, I decided to stop by a watch dealer in Toronto that sells UN, Zenith, Breitling, Parmigiani to take a look around. I am very friendly with the managers and all the staff in the store, they show me whatever I want all the time and are good on prices too.

So I didn't realize I was wearing a rep Panerai 111H on the wrist and by this time it was too late to slip it away anyways. So one of the managers points to my wrist and said, what's that, a Panerai? I said yeah, and she said "nice watch". Then she said "You know what?, from now on, I'm going to buy fake everything, there's no point to buying real handbags anymore". I also asked her about fake watches, and she said "why not?". Then another employee came out and we started to talk about Panerai, he was telling me about how much he loved them and the good watches they are. I said, hey, you ever hear of the fakes with the identical movements? He said no, and at this point, I take the 111H off my wrist and lay it down on the counter.

I announced it was a Chinese made Panerai replica. He picked it up in excitement, and the lock on his face was shocked. He said, well, with this, what's the point of buying a real one anymore? "You should get me one sometime." :D

The other employees gathered around it and also stared at it in amazement, and said, how is this possible for $300? They had 2 preowned Panerais in the case, a 119G and a 111F and put them beside each other. They were amazed how similar the weight to the 111F was, and how detailed the movement on the replica was too. The only flaw they really found was that some parts of the case were a bit roughly finished, but they all said "amazing for $300".

Just wanted to share this little story with you guys.

Very interesting story and nice PAM rep. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wonder whom did you get it from.... :unsure:

Newbie question time. Why is it that almost every post on this site is Pan? What is it about them? I see one or two posts about Omega, a few about other watches, but basically most posts are about Pan. Why is that? Great reps, or is it a great watch? Or is it a bit of both?

Ouch. Paneraitis phase 1.

According with Esmarc's Paneraitis staging:

phase 1: What is a PAM?

phase 2: Wow, a PAM!

phase 3: Where is my PAM?

phase 3: Where is my next PAM?!?