When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ruby's SFSO for 139 shipped... So we now know how much it was overpriced

Pix

So cheap... :D

Do you mean leather strap ?

I paid 25 dollars from a member for my strap, thought that was a bargain against the 40+ from other dealers.

Would an EU based (regular) member buy a black leather one for me ? I am a trustable member, we can arrange everything by PM. Ready to trade against other unworn leather straps :

- a 20mm genuine alligator black with red stitching

- a dark burgundy oily leather racing type (3 holes) with white stitching, 22 mm

- a Jaeger LeCoultre light brown / orange 20 mm

Difference in dollars to be discussed.

Sorry, I had to take the opportunity. :blush:

That's why I would not order the strap alone. I guess it's the same fee with or without the strap when you order the watch.

Just found an eminent member who will order a strap for me with his watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love this board for such things.

And thanks Piratedzeus for having brought this information to this thread :D

In the rep game it always pays to wait. My prediction: Within the next 45 days someone will be selling the "Swiss" version w/ a Sandoz or the Myota fo less than $150. Add $175 for a The Zigmeister lume and a top-quality strap and you'll have a rep far better than the original Swiss version for less money.

has anyone popped a crystal out of a steelfish yet? had one of hte asiain ones AR'd?

This is a great question I hope somebody can answer.. I beleive from reading the A/R threads that only true saphire can be coated on both sides..is this true?

If it is, us guys with the SFSO Lite, can enjoy the single sided AR runs that are regularly scheduled.

But if mineral can be coated on both sides...it's definately worth doing even at 50-60 USD since you would still be at far lower of a price comapred to the "swiss" version.

I own a blue dial SFSO on steel band, and I love my watch, sure it's missing the movement and the AR but no one seems to notice and I seem to care less if they do.Plus my watxch keeps great time a wonderfull reserve and feels like a solid block of steel on my wrist.

In the rep game it always pays to wait. My prediction: Within the next 45 days someone will be selling the "Swiss" version w/ a Sandoz or the Myota fo less than $150. Add $175 for a ziggy lume and a top-quality strap and you'll have a rep far better than the original Swiss version for less money.

Well, I think you might be right.

Waiting pays.

I personaly do not mind about AR and followed Pix advice.

The order is placed and I can't wait to see that "cheap" rep arrive.

Again, only members & experts could spot the tiny differences between the Lite, the Swiss and the Gen.

I prefer to spend 500$ in modding a vintage rollie than 700 in an HBB super swiss mega rep with flaws ;)

Thanks for this thread Pix and everyone.

It's educating.

Cheers

Stephane

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just a follow up !

I ordered that watch and it landed safely to me yesterday.

I paid 139$ for the watch with the SS bracelet and 15$ extra for a brown leather strap and got a 10$ discount because I do not want EMS.

144$ in total for a watch with a bracelet and a strap !

:1a:

@Submariner : if the Swiss version reaches this price, I would immediately buy the black dial, as the AR is missing on the Asian version, so it would be great looking !

Or maybe the blue..?

Oh no, both ! For that price ;)

I've had my asian SFSO for a month now......draws admiring glances all the time.....feels like a lump of steel on my wrist, great ss strap (now it's been oiled)....gains just 20 seconds a day, I can live with that as I synchronise all my watches when I put them on.....no AR no problem......most folks have never seen an SFSO before and couldn't call it out.....crown screws in smoothly and the thread is a long one.......date aligns perfectly...bezel lines up well, a fraction of a millimetre out, unnoticable........great reserve.......nice sweep on the second hand......paid 168 dollars plus shipping for a 28,800 ETA 2813.

Best rep I've ever owned out of 15 bought so far.....best value too.

I suggest any one in doubt just buys it......in blue?