When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you adjust for a LV which runs 5 mintue fast?

dvn

I gave my dad a rep LV swiss eta and he told me the watch runs at least 5 minutes fast, How do i ajust it?

Any help is much appreciated

5min/day is more than you can adjust using the +- found inside the back of your watch so don't bother opening it.

It sounds like something a watchsmith should be able to take care of.

BTW: you might want to leave it running for a couple of days and then check again for the rate. Some calibers run fast in their first days then settle. Eitherway, you should contact the person that sold you the watch and he should advise you accordingly.

I discussed this recently in another thread. You have to decide if you want to do this, and you assume all risks for attempting it if you do. My 6536 was doing that after I accidentally bashed it against something. So I held it by the bracelet, crystal down, and smacked it once into the palm of my other hand. That did it.

Good luck!

classic :lol:

nanuq watchmaking school -- free of charge :victory:

deltatahoe

Hey at least I didn't recommend the Radical Vertical Deceleration Test! :o

What happens is, the balance hairspring apparently can get bumped so it slides out over one of the curb pins, radically increasing its effective tension, making the watch run incredibly fast. When you hold the watch like I described and whack it, the spring slides off the curb pin and back into position. For what it's worth, my Rolex watchmaker friend taught me this. I'll leave him unnamed......

:whistling:

I've got to say this does work... I've had many reps recieved from dealers/members that were running extremly fast (i.e. more than 3min day fast) that a good beating brought back into line... I cringe a little bit each time I smack a watch like this... and I always say "this is hurting me more than its hurting you"...

With this knowledge I've even scored a few deals from various people who didn't believe the advice I gave to them to beat their watches back into line... I'm not certain I'd beat a gen in such a manner, but a rep I'll beat in a heartbeat.