When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ken's Yellow Submarine, Yellow Submarine

KenMc

If you have followed my declining interest in replicas, and my growing capability for tweaking you will see the following as a natural evolution.

31001-40495.jpg

Note the WIS MADE at 6:00, the creative doctoring of lettering, addition of 8 cherries. It has some resemblance to a famous brand model? must be a hommage to Invicta's Pro Diver? :whistling:

Hope you like it, but in reality your opinions are just that - yours. :p

I see a pattern here and I like it :lol:

Nothing is better than to create your own style KenMc....look at Picasso, miro and Dali great stuff :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Regards

Gran :p

Ha Ha...yea, it's an LV, so, that might look a little funny.

:victory:

I think I'll hold on to my EL's best LV as it is.

Hey SubFrog, if your gonna stay below Sea level, you better have that crown on your LV tight, the Weather Channel said last night that this year is going to be another bad one. I've decided to stay on high ground up the road in B.R.

@ kenberg,

The Poley Twipple Lock Crown system is slightly different - ahead of the curve if you will, vis a vis the plebian submariner. It sits proudly out, displaying it's manly prominence. All the time ready for the next deep diving assignment.

That's the Poley Twipple Lock Cwown system. Very creative. Very cool. I especially like the "WIS MADE"

Climb on.

Hey SubFrog, if your gonna stay below Sea level, you better have that crown on your LV tight, the Weather Channel said last night that this year is going to be another bad one. I've decided to stay on high ground up the road in B.R.

Yes EK,

The only reason I HAVE this LV is because I brought it with me on my trip prior to the events. All the others: Kaplooey!

I may see you in ole B.R. if it starts acting up again around here. I'm a bit trigger happy right now and the little rain storm last night made me nervous.

So, back on subject: how do I get a Fleur De Lis Rollie? Now, that would be good NOLA style!

Fleur De Lis in place of the Rollie crown at 12, NOLA in place of the "ROLEX", Submersible in place of "Submariner" with the depth rating listed as "6 ft.<Sea Level", Superlative Jazzometer Officially Certified or Lagniappe Chronometer Officially Certified and of course "WIS MADE"

Fashion it from an LV and that would be a watch to have!!! I'd buy one up for sure.

Climb on.

Quite nice...let me take a stab at it as well...I'll get back to you with some pics.

Absolutely-you're the resident PhotoShop expert. I really like the "6 ft.<Sea Level" depth rating.

I lived in New Orleans for several years, late 90s through 2001. I haven't been back since Katrina. Friends say it's just devastating. My wife and I took the little one's down to Pensacola this past weekend to see relatives and the beach (first time for the 2-year old). Anyway, the damage there shocked me, and that's two years after Ivan. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like in New Orleans.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ken.

Climb on.

PS. That gulf water was warm, very warm it seemed.

You know I wondered how this Poley would be recieved here, yes I know I have history here, but even so I expected a bad reaction. How wrong could I be? :rolleyes:

Ironically, this is probably the way we should have done the rwg 1st collaboration watch, take something we all (almost anyways) had anyway and have them customized in a common style. I bet The Zigmeister and Joe could have banged these out pretty fast. Funny when you think of GAF's reaction! reps being converted into Poley's or Folex, etc.

I love the Fleur de lis version, but that would exceed my painting skills by a MILE (1.61km) :lol:

Subfrog, can you create a version that could have the rwg 2 logo and maybe we can all create our own 'hommage' watches? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

FYI: The Flag on the Poley is balanced by 2 red cherries on the left, not conventional, but ....whatever.

I perhaps should have used solvent and erased the original 5 point crown, but I just painted over it.

If I made another, I'd clean the slate and start fresh. I considered using a decal of some sort, you know the ones that come with scale model kits, but I elected to go with a painted flag design.

The WIS MADE is my favourite too, it was not really preplanned ! I actually was going to black out the SWISS MADE completely and then realized I had a far better opportunity under my micro paintbrush :yeah:

The yellow second hand is actually really sweet, it has such excellent contrast against the black dial, you'd swear it was done intentionally ~ provided you are not a true Rolex WIS.

I posted this project on another (real) watch forum, the funny thing was that one of the newbies thought that WIS MADE implied that I had done in WISCONSIN :lol::lol:

Thanks again for your kind reviews of my artwork, I hope I inspire others.