When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Black Magic with real swiss ETA

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

Here it is my beauty.

It has installed a rel All swiss moviment EXACT SAME AS ORIGINAL with the swiss module to take the subdial from 12 to 3 o'clock.

A real beauty.

Thanks to Master The Zigmeister fot the movement installing and relume.

Here are the pictures. Sorry but they are made with a cell phone...

post-2019-1182178198_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178228_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178253_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178307_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178405_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178607_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178821_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178909_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182178963_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179007_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179109_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179225_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179276_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179361_thumb.jpg

post-2019-1182179399_thumb.jpg

Great watch and great work by ziggy. Any chance there will be a photo review of this modification? :) At least a narrative? :)

No, just because it has already been done here...

Describing 10+ hours of work would take forever...lets just say I won't do it again without being compensated fully for my actual time doing the work.

Replacing the Asian with an ETA...

The problem is, the new 28.8K A7750 does not share any parts with the ETA anymore...so the only source for the parts is old 21.6K movements...

RG

I have seen you have the correct Big Seconds Hand with the red pertaining over the top of the "H", do you do this mod or you got this hand as it is?

Seen all the photos in dealers shown the red not passing through the head of "H", if you see what I mean.

Great watch. The Zigmeister is tha man!

Too bad it's too big for my 6.85" wrist. Once things get larger 42-43mm, they start to look silly on me (aside from 44mm PAM, which sits uniquely on the wrist).

No Bang Hublot for me I guess. Too bad. It would be nice to have something really different in my quite predictable collection.

I'd also love to have an AP Wempe Dive watch, but I am sure that it would not fit right as well.

Here it is my beauty.

It has installed a rel All swiss moviment EXACT SAME AS ORIGINAL with the swiss module to take the subdial from 12 to 3 o'clock.

very very nice. this is a project watch that would want to OWN.

but i'm thinking that The Zigmeister used a eta/val 7750 with polished plates and 3x A7750 21kbeats (3,6,9 hacked movements) to make this. so NOT a SWISS MODULE to take the subdial from 12 to 3 o'clock, but rather assembled from A7750 parts.... correct?

when you you ever decide to sell I am SURE YOU WILL HAVE SHORTAGE of Buyers. :-)

cheers!

Guest RiverwindMDS

It has the swiss module, this is not a simple 7750 but it is already a 7750 with the module to transfer the grars. Ywllowmen was selling it. The Zigmeister had to use an asian movement only for the final gear, the one where the hands are putted in.

Please ask him what he did.

but the movement has a swiss module with jewels, not the asian one.

The movement was a Swiss ETA 7750 Tri-Compax one, meaning it came with the 30-minute counter already sitting at the 3'oclock position. A very high grade movement, not sure who does the upgrades, but it's a work of art...

I had to replace the second gear (the gear that the running seconds hand attaches to) and the 12 hour gear with Asian parts. I also used the Asian rotor for astetics... If I did not replace the gears, I would not have been able to get the hands to attach to the posts, since the posts were well below the dial face.

The replacement gears were from older 21K A7750's, since they are the only ones that fit the ETA.

RG

• 1 month later...
Glad you like the results...

The movement installation was a real challenge, needing no less than 3 A7750's as doner movements. A lot of work, and a lot of time to get it assembled, but worth it in the end.

Wear it well.

RG

your skill was certainly equal to the task! (maybe even greater)

always impressed by you zigg, amazing :thumbsupsmileyanim: