When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas Arabic Dial

dluddy

On the current series of Overseas with the Guilloche dial, I have always preferred the White Dial. However, the previous series included a georgeous Black Dial with Arabic numbers.

Here she is, reference number 42042/423A-8890, which in Vacheronese is an Overseas Chronometer, steel, black dial with Superluminova arabic numerals, W0-Mart edition :)

267049-4396.jpg

267049-4397.jpg

Genuine from TZ for comparison:

267049-4398.jpg

shows what a VC noob i am.....

regardless of what the cross looks like, i like it better than the new overseas versions hands down. are these still available, or are they a thing of the past? (it's funny how some of the older quality reps attain more status once they are no longer available)

deltatahoe

A very nice rep indeed!

I had been contemplating one of these for a long while... Noticed recently that there are still some around, though who knows for how much longer? Seems these really good examples go the way of the dodo before long... Though this one has had the resilience of a couple years on the market, at least.

Maybe all old stock? I somehow doubt that they are still being manufactured, though I could be wrong :g:

First, no meaning to diverse from original post.

dluddy has a watch that I truly admire & has not been given its fair time in the sun. As Eunomians has said, a classic.

A very nice rep indeed!

Maybe all old stock? I somehow doubt that they are still being manufactured, though I could be wrong :g:

Jay has 1, but with a see through caseback. Some of the friendly dealers maybe able to source it with a correct caseback.

Here`s a pic of a old school caseback.

No laser here, note the detail on the side of the ship.

267294-4339.jpg

Very nice watch - wear it well. I had one as a daily wearer for a couple of years but lost it along with an RGM chrono in one of my more expensive summer rental moves. :bangin: When it came out I thought it was the coolest bracelet out there. IMHO, Breguet and VC make the nicest bracelets.

Hmm ... the numbers are way off on the rep dial, sorry. The genuine numbers are significantly bigger than the rep dial numbers.

The Rep numbers are a little skinny compared to the genuine, yes Pug.

But, who the hell is going to notice :whistling:

Hey Ziggy, perhaps we can work a deal for yours <_< when I get around to doing some mods to this one.

First, no meaning to diverse from original post.

dluddy has a watch that I truly admire & has not been given its fair time in the sun. As Eunomians has said, a classic.

Jay has 1, but with a see through caseback. Some of the friendly dealers maybe able to source it with a correct caseback.

Here`s a pic of a old school caseback.

No laser here, note the detail on the side of the ship.

267599-4322.jpg

Wow,... that case back is Amazing !!!

shows what a VC noob i am.....

(it's funny how some of the older quality reps attain more status once they are no longer available)

deltatahoe

When something is rare its more desirable :) maybe the most helarious fakes with the most blatant erors will become valuable one day?

268725-4089.jpg