When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought the Gen Steelfish strap at an AD today

viper

hey viper.. i bought a gen strap rubber too today in an AD.. lucky my friend is working in the shop and she sold it for me for around 100AU$.. but i didn't have my steelfish with me so that i can compare it to the gen.. do you know if our blue dial steelfish is accurate or not in terms of colours and everything? because the ones that i saw in the case was very sparkly.. but it mustve been the light.. coz u know them jeweller light.. but yeh can u confirm this for me?

hey viper.. i bought a gen strap rubber too today in an AD.. lucky my friend is working in the shop and she sold it for me for around 100AU$.. but i didn't have my steelfish with me so that i can compare it to the gen.. do you know if our blue dial steelfish is accurate or not in terms of colours and everything? because the ones that i saw in the case was very sparkly.. but it mustve been the light.. coz u know them jeweller light.. but yeh can u confirm this for me?

Congrats on the strap! Wear it well!

I have seen the gen blue dial, which is a little bit more refined in terms of aesthetics, the numbers 6, 9, and 12 have nice edges, and the dial texture lines are very fine, but I would only notice it if I look for differences. The bezel marker numbers are slightly larger. Date window frame is just a little bit finer than our reps. This are just my observations, I believe other members can chime in as well

I would not hesitate to wear my rep anywhere, as its a good, solid watch. I have been letting the watch run for close to a month now, and it runs well. By the way, mine was the SFSO lite.

Edited by viper

thanks viper mate.. ohh ok.. basing from what you said.. im guessing its a very minor flaw?.. one of those flaws that you really have to take a good look at side by side to realise.. or am i wrong? because yesterday i was so scared to even bring in the watch to the shop.. thought i was gonna get called out and make a fool of myself.. but now that i have the gen strap do you think i can start bring it everywhere? or id still get called out (this is without me taking my watch off and get him to open the back) :)..

This watch can be worn safely in the knowledge you will never be called out (if it's the swiss with AR etc...)

It is so spot on it is scary, the only kind of person that will call it out, is someone fro this forum, but even then, I doubt they could, unless they observed the lume brightness after 10mins :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The best thing I found was when someone commented on my watch, was to tell them it was a rep, they then argued that I was pulling their leg :bangin:

thanks viper mate.. ohh ok.. basing from what you said.. im guessing its a very minor flaw?.. one of those flaws that you really have to take a good look at side by side to realise.. or am i wrong? because yesterday i was so scared to even bring in the watch to the shop.. thought i was gonna get called out and make a fool of myself.. but now that i have the gen strap do you think i can start bring it everywhere? or id still get called out (this is without me taking my watch off and get him to open the back) :)..

The SFSO rep is fab, wear it anywhere you like. I wore mine to many places, and it was noticed by members of the public, its a hefty watch. At my age, (40) I do not worry so much about being called out wearing a rep. In Singapore, there is a huge demand for nice timepieces, but most of the population wear normal watches just to tell the time, so the average individual would not really notice, unless its a red submariner.

Truth be told, if I ever get called out, no biggie, people who call out others do not warrant enough of my attention, they are just doing it to make themselves feel good.

Enjoy the watch and wear it anywhere, my friend!

hahha i know.. its not so much about being called out.. coz most of the time ppl don't know what theyre talking about anyway.. its just that if i went into an ad with it in my wrist and them calling me out on it is embarassing if u know wat i mean.. lol but yeh i dont think many ad's know the model anyway.. i dont think they would remember every single model of breitling, rolex, tag heuer and all of their watches.

hahha i know.. its not so much about being called out.. coz most of the time ppl don't know what theyre talking about anyway.. its just that if i went into an ad with it in my wrist and them calling me out on it is embarassing if u know wat i mean.. lol but yeh i dont think many ad's know the model anyway.. i dont think they would remember every single model of breitling, rolex, tag heuer and all of their watches.

Most ADs tend to view what's on your wrist to size up your watch buying budget. Its their job. The ADs I have personally known are pretty nice folks. If you find a cute gal at an AD, be prepared for it!

Most ADs tend to view what's on your wrist to size up your watch buying budget. Its their job. The ADs I have personally known are pretty nice folks. If you find a cute gal at an AD, be prepared for it!

hahah yeh my friend she works at an AD shes very good looking too.. she sold me the rubber strap.. she said she was supposed to get a series number off my watch.. but then yeh she sold it for me.. but yes as to wat ur saying about most ADs tend to view wats on ur wrist.. like if i come in with my steelfish rep.. do you think ADs can spot it as a fake? or they could only do it if they have the 2 steelfishes side by side? because with yachtmaster... you can tell for sure.. from the crownguards, from the window blablabla.. funny thing is ppl say the window box is thick on the rep of steelfish.. when i saw the gen at the AD the window box looks the same thickness to me.. but i didnt have my steelfish with me to compare.. the gen looks like its sparkling.. but it might've been just the lights.. so yeh..