When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought the Gen Steelfish strap at an AD today

viper

Walked into an AD for Breitling today and bought the rubber strap. Fitted it on my blue dial this evening and it wears pretty well. The new strap has a light 'industrial rubber' smell. The buckle is quite nicely finished. It has an interesting code on the underside of the keeper.

Managed to view the white dial SFSO on bracelet. The gen dial is a bit beige/off-white in color. The staff were pretty helpful too.

Some pics >>>

Edited by viper

the rubber strap is def the best combo for the SFSO...you could tell us the price you paid for it?

I paid approx $79 USD for mine. It came with a set of oem springbars too.

The visit also gave me an opportunity to handle some of the Breitlings they had.

Very nice.

I thought it would be a lot more. Isn't the Omega PO strap some kind of ridiculous price like $300?

Not sure if I'm correct on that but believe I've read that somewhere.

Not quite... http://www.ofrei.com/page750.html

more like 169$, but that is still double the Breitling strap.... which by the way also looks great on a white dial SFSO....

267563-4330.jpg

Looks great, and a great price too! I've been thinking about the SFSO as well, and if the gen rubber strap is this cheap, I may get it sooner than later.

Viper did you just simply purchase it with no questions asked by the A.D. When I did similar they asked for the serial number etc and lead me to believe they would only sell having seen the watch?!

I looked up the 'net for a strap, and I thought of trying the local AD too, so I called them up. They actually asked for the serial number and mentioned about bringing the watch down.

I told them that the strap was a gift for someone, and asked if they could make an exception for me. After a couple of minutes they called me back, and told me to visit their authorised retailer in town. I went down yesterday and picked it up. They were nice to include the Breitling springbars as well.

Ok i asked a while ago about the white face SFSO, as the one i had seen in an AD was off white, light ivory, creamy but dont think i ever got an answer, is the rep white or off white?

As dluddy has mentioned a few posts up, the version he has is light ivory, same as the gen. The one I handled is indeed light ivory. One thing that struck me about the gens is that the 'feel' of the watch on bracelet is different. The bracelet is better finished and has a nice satin look that comes with a gen price. The bracelet links have a 'buttery smooth' connection that each link twists and moves very smoothly. Our rep bracelets are a bit stiff.

Weight is very close. Apart from the slightly longer lug ends on the rep (hardly noticeable) and the lume, I would humbly say that our reps, be it Swiss or Asian, is more than 95 percent accurate.

Edited by viper

Just pulled the trigger on this baby myself! White version, and will go get a gen rubber strap when I get it.

320USD including steel and brown leather strap seemed to me as a good deal!

BTW, are you guys swimming with your steelfish`s or will this reduce the AR or something else I haven`t thougt about?

Just got myself ringside wrestlemania24 tickets to Orlando so I picture myself at Miami Beach with the steelfish next spring! :)

Edited by skjalg

I returned to the AD that I visited before where I had been told that they needed to be given the serial number from the watch before ordering. This time I spoke to someone else and used the tactic of saying it was a present for my father. Anyway my question is will it come with the spring bars (or whatever they are called) or will I have to purchase them seperately. I was told the price is

Just pulled the trigger on this baby myself! White version, and will go get a gen rubber strap when I get it.

320USD including steel and brown leather strap seemed to me as a good deal!

BTW, are you guys swimming with your steelfish`s or will this reduce the AR or something else I haven`t thougt about?

Just got myself ringside wrestlemania24 tickets to Orlando so I picture myself at Miami Beach with the steelfish next spring! :)

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure the Steelfish can be immersed in water, but do check that the caseback is tightened properly before you do. Sometimes reps come with the caseback not fully tightened.

Wear it well, and do post pics when you get it!

I returned to the AD that I visited before where I had been told that they needed to be given the serial number from the watch before ordering. This time I spoke to someone else and used the tactic of saying it was a present for my father. Anyway my question is will it come with the spring bars (or whatever they are called) or will I have to purchase them seperately. I was told the price is