When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a riveted band for my 5517 >>>>

frankt

Got this nice 5517 from Joshua, but I don't like NATO straps, so I cobbled an old el-cheapo folded link rep strap from my junk box onto it's solid links, and really prefer the great retro look this produces...

I really would prefer to find a riveted link bracelet that would be more "timely" for the head, but I need one that'll reach around my 8" wrist!!....Any suggestions??

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/fra...ti/P1040839.jpg

If you know how many links that would be, there are lots of riveted bracelets on Ebay.

Soooooooooooooo where'd you find the folded links Oyster? I'm looking for a good folded link / hollow 20mm for my vintage Sub.

Had it hanging around for years....not good quality....more like junk actually!!...But it does look OK on the watch...When I find a decent replacement, I'll send it your way....gratis.....Frank

Got this nice 5517 from Joshua, but I don't like NATO straps, so I cobbled an old el-cheapo folded link rep strap from my junk box onto it's solid links, and really prefer the great retro look this produces...

I really would prefer to find a riveted link bracelet that would be more "timely" for the head, but I need one that'll reach around my 8" wrist!!....Any suggestions??

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/fra...ti/P1040839.jpg

I have a 5517 from Josh that I would like to replace with a riveted SS band. I thought the bar is sodered in, not a springbar that you can remove. Can it be rmoved and rplace with a springbar?

Randy & Sherrington, I would love to see your views of this bracelet specially if you could compare to the MBW standard issue. My MBW 5514 which I received from a forum member, arrived with an excellent quality riveted (at least compared to the MBW standard) and I've been searching for similar quality since.

I hope this bracelet is the one that mysteriously arrived with the 5514. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers,

Jet

Best rivetted braclet I have seen is this one

Ebay bracelet

Although the correct strap is a Nato and there are some really nice black and olive green ones out there which are more realistic than a S/S bracelet. I also wonder how you managed to fit a end link to fixed strap bars!!!!

As I said....It was a cobbling job!! Fortunately with a hollow end link bracelet the end links and the last hollow link on each end can be GENTLY pried open far enough to slip over the fixed bars, and then GENTLY rebent in place....Not exaxtly a "quick change" solution, but it DOES work....

BTW...I'm not going for "realistic" here...I just happen to like the 5517 dial and bezel combo better than any other "Sub" variation, and I also like the vintage effect of the "old fashioned" clasp and riveted link bracelet...Since I choose my watches exclusively to please the most important human on earth..(myself of course!!...;-)), I really like the look!!....

If I wanted "real" I'd just cash in a few CD's and give Jim Dowling a call!!...LOL... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by frankt

I've got one of those en route. Purchased just to see the quality, etc. I'm not much of a rivetted bracelet fan (especially the genuine expanding bands), but I figure for the low price, it's worth checking out.

Mines being delivered tommorrow. I bought one as they are supposed to have hollow mid links. I will let you know what iy looks like when I get it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've got one of those en route. Purchased just to see the quality, etc. I'm not much of a rivetted bracelet fan (especially the genuine expanding bands), but I figure for the low price, it's worth checking out.

Ey Randy,

any idea when you will be getting yours? I was about to order one myself but I'm very interested what your take is on the overall quality.. :)