When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally.. after some months I sourced the perfect strap hide in Greece...

V

Well Ms Barrett will have a nice surprise when she wakes up..

Strap is ready :victory:

In this one I used Yellow thread and it is as close to Louis Vuitton as it gets.... Personally I believe that this colour stitching is perfect for this hide especially when it will darken with time.

286716-8057.jpg

GASP!

Stunning, V, simply stunning. I am soo glad I listened to you, and didn't get a Crazy Horse hommage with black stitch. You are right.

Yellow on this gorgeous Greek hide, well, pure class. I also like the thought that I carry a little piece of Hellas whenever I wear it, now. THANKS! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GASP!

Stunning, V, simply stunning. I am soo glad I listened to you, and didn't get a Crazy Horse hommage with black stitch. You are right.

Yellow on this gorgeous Greek hide, well, pure class. I also like the thought that I carry a little piece of Hellas whenever I wear it, now. THANKS! :)

I was sure that the yellow stitching combo would be good... And wait till the leather ages and becomes darker and darker and it will do contrast with the stitching.. Then it will be perfect :)

Now I am waiting for photos on your watch when you will get it.. A wristshot with a woman's wrist seems like good advertising ;)

I was sure that the yellow stitching combo would be good... And wait till the leather ages and becomes darker and darker and it will do contrast with the stitching.. Then it will be perfect :)

I saw the aged hide in your FS section! Wow...and yet, and yet...I love the colour of it in its newbie stage. Can't I keep that way? :)

But seeing how your judgement about the yellow thread was right, I'm sure you know I'll love it when it ages, too.

Now I am waiting for photos on your watch when you will get it.. A wristshot with a woman's wrist seems like good advertising ;)

I may have to do a French manicure for that one. Or do I stay with jungle red? And do I go to the beach for some sandy shots. Hmm, so many decisions to make.

Hey, you know, this forum kinda takes over your life. You guys could've warned me!

I saw the aged hide in your FS section! Wow...and yet, and yet...I love the colour of it in its newbie stage. Can't I keep that way? :)

But seeing how your judgement about the yellow thread was right, I'm sure you know I'll love it when it ages, too.

Well you can keep it away from the sun and water and do not use leather grease or conditioner very often to it... Then it will stay in his natural colour for a bigger period of time..

Although I do believe that darker will be better.. That's why I treat mine very often with leather grease because the SUN in UK is nowhere to be found :rolleyes:

I may have to do a French manicure for that one. Or do I stay with jungle red? And do I go to the beach for some sandy shots. Hmm, so many decisions to make.

Hey, you know, this forum kinda takes over your life. You guys could've warned me!

I personally prefer french but either one will do just fine :)

Today I made the last strap for a customer.. So please do not send me any more PMs about this hide because I do not have it anymore..

If I will find another affortable piece of this hide mid-August that I will go to Greece, I will offer it again September..

If I won't find more, then the ones who bought it are the lucky ones ;)

Thanks to everyone who bought this strap :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...

Back from Greece and unfortunately the tanneries were closed most of the time in AUgust so no chance to find new or this hide..

I have left though a small sample to my father and next week that they will be open he will try and source it for me..

In the meantime I have a/THE last strap from this hide almost ready (a customer's order that didn't wanted). I will post it FS in the Accessories corner for tose who PMed me and were interested but I had no hide available :)

Here the photo of the strap:

302769-1226.jpg

302769-1227.jpg

• 2 months later...