When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally.. after some months I sourced the perfect strap hide in Greece...

V

And your strap is today ready to dispatch ;)

With round edge as requested.. Something different than the usual designs :thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw.. I can put this strap on vintage watches with fixed lugs.. If you send me the watch you will have the ultimate strap fixed on your watch and not those ugly rivets most of those watches have ;)

hi V,

i forgot to reply to this thread....this one will be going on my 112h, so go ahead and send it out...

definitely something to think about in the future though...:g:

deltatahoe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi V,

i forgot to reply to this thread....this one will be going on my 112h, so go ahead and send it out...

definitely something to think about in the future though...:g:

deltatahoe

Brad, your strap has been dispatched 28 of June.. End of this week I think you will have it :)

The quote was general for vintage watches owners and not to you.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh this is looking very very good indeed.....greased please Mister V :thumbsupsmileyanim: ......let's hope the bloody postmen don't go on strike again!!!! :whistling:

Yeap.. your strap is ready waiting for the logo buckle to mount ;)

I hope tomorrow I will receive both the packets for you :D

Brad, your strap has been dispatched 28 of June.. End of this week I think you will have it :)

The quote was general for vintage watches owners and not to you.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i thought this was the case, but figured i would respond just in case.

believe it or not, i just received the strap 5 minutes ago; it looks great V -- i can't wait to try it on my 112h :victory:

thanks for the incredibly fast turnaround :o

i thought this was the case, but figured i would respond just in case.

believe it or not, i just received the strap 5 minutes ago; it looks great V -- i can't wait to try it on my 112h :victory:

thanks for the incredibly fast turnaround :o

I am glad that you liked it.. I have also put mine on the 112 and it looks really nice after some weeks having developed a patina.

Another PLUS is that it doesn't stains from water like most of the straps that develop a patina (PAV, XaMas, WW2 etc..)

Trust me I have worn it these days with the torrential rain here in UK. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Took some photos today of the strap after 4 days in the beach, saltwater and sun... No problem of shrinking or smelling.. A leather conditioner and grease and now it is better than ever.. I really believe you can't get better patina than this ;)

279917-1106.jpg

279917-1107.jpg

279917-1108.jpg

279917-1109.jpg

looking great V....can't wait for mine to develop a nice patina (need to wear my 112h more!)

or.. if you live somewhere where the sun shines (here in Uk that is not the case) you can leave the strap to the sun and it will darken.. slowly..

You can also use leather contitioner or special grease for leathers ;)

fortunately i live in california :sun: i think i'll leave it on the window sill tomorrow :g:

deltatahoe

Lucky you ;)

Well it will need more than one day to darken but it will significantly after a week of constant sunbathing :D

..and after some hours your strap is ready ;)

Here are the photos of your strap:

282192-10795.jpg

282192-10796.jpg

282192-10797.jpg

282192-10798.jpg

282192-10799.jpg

I also have one ready made strap with a vintage buckle for sale in the strap sales corner.. Check it out if you like this hide ;)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=38474

Kostas,

my girlfriend is going to kill me if I don't stop of buying straps and watches but... what can I do? Your straps are tougher than me!!!

You're the new Aaron... OUR Aaron!!!

Thanks, my friend

Kostas,

my girlfriend is going to kill me if I don't stop of buying straps and watches but... what can I do? Your straps are tougher than me!!!

You're the new Aaron... OUR Aaron!!!

Thanks, my friend

No.. thank you for getting one of my straps.. I have put all my effort on it and to all the straps I make like they were my own straps and not for someone else. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy my personal one.

BTW here is another strap finished today (lanikai this is yours ;) )

284434-9434.jpg

284434-9435.jpg

284434-9436.jpg

Lanikai, my fellow strap obsessioner, got one from you, V???

Aww man. I am currently in bargaining mode with one of our members for a watch. What's wrong with me. Why am I passing up one of your beauties, just to get MORE watches...*bangs head on monitor* :black_eye:

Aww man. I am currently in bargaining mode with one of our members for a watch. What's wrong with me. Why am I passing up one of your beauties, just to get MORE watches...*bangs head on monitor* :black_eye:

Yeap.. your fellow strap obsessioner got one.. and I am sure he won't regret it :victory:

Well watches are for most of the people more important than straps.. except the few true strap collectors ;)

Hello Someone call my name :yu:

OH .... it must be Ms. Barrett .... Hello :whistling: Well how can you pass up a greek hide... for all you know this historic aged hide could have come from an offspring of an ox that was born to a four legged animal that pulled the carts for the warriors in Sparta. Although I bilieved they did a lot of footwork..

Common VB what's next .. watches that is, what are you bartering for now :bounce: .. WOW.. the 089 and the 199 are getting alot of wrist time ... got a dark brown alligator band on the 089 .. i really likes the look ....and the MP Noce is on the 192 Submersible.. man i gotta get my camera going... trying get down to the beach to take some wrist shots

Just extracted 3 straps gotten over the weekend in E's crazy sale... the rest will be held in the shopping bag .. let E or Mara know if you want to put anything in the "BAG" on hold and pay for it when you are ready to ship ... dangerous way to shop :bangin:

No.. thank you for getting one of my straps.. I have put all my effort on it and to all the straps I make like they were my own straps and not for someone else. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy my personal one.

284462-9416.jpg

284462-9417.jpg

284462-9418.jpg

WOW.... V .... :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. that looks even better than the first one you posted ... i did not think such was possible ..

what good is a great looking watch without a great looking straps :g:

would you put tractor tires on a ferrari .....wear ripped up shoes with a Versace suit .... Slippers (thongs) with a Hugo Boss Pinstipe ??? :yuk:

Then why wear a canvas rope with your Panerai...if you can manage...

my point being everything needs to be complimented and finished with style... and since I cannot make a quality strap like you V... i WILL SPEND THE MONEY ... AND I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO KEEP IT IN HOUSE :victory:

thankyou V,

WOW.... V .... :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. that looks even better than the first one you posted ... i did not think such was possible

Hey guys -- as of today, I'm a fully paid up member of the V-strap Owner Society, too.

What a gorgeous hide, and one which I've been eyeing for A WHOLE MONTH, since I saw him post on it. So I'm off the Elliot treadmill for a little while, and get to support one of our fellow members, as you so well put it, Lanikai.

Now. WHO NEXT WILL BUY A STRAP FROM V??

Hmm? ;)

Thanks, V!

Hey guys -- as of today, I'm a fully paid up member of the V-strap Owner Society, too.

What a gorgeous hide, and one which I've been eyeing for A WHOLE MONTH, since I saw him post on it. So I'm off the Elliot treadmill for a little while, and get to support one of our fellow members, as you so well put it, Lanikai.

Now. WHO NEXT WILL BUY A STRAP FROM V??

Hmm? ;)

Thanks, V!

Well Ms Barrett will have a nice surprise when she wakes up..

Strap is ready :victory:

In this one I used Yellow thread and it is as close to Louis Vuitton as it gets.... Personally I believe that this colour stitching is perfect for this hide especially when it will darken with time.

284939-9061.jpg

284939-9062.jpg

284939-9063.jpg

284939-9064.jpg