When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

26mm Strap on a 44mm PAM?

asands

I read somewhere that this can work,

has anybody tried this, or will it look stupid squeezed in there?

It's just that there are some nice style 26mm straps that aren't available in 24mm. If it doesn't work it might just be the perfect excuse to buy a fiddy!

It's just that there are some nice style 26mm straps that aren't available in 24mm. If it doesn't work it might just be the perfect excuse to buy a fiddy!

Could easily be done - shave off the lug ends of the strap. You need to do it carefully so as to keep the ends neat. It's only 2mm wider so 1 mm each side. Try it!!

It works fine - just do a neat job making the 1 mm notch on each side. If you put a Radiomir styled 26/22 strap on you can still use your buckle, but you can also consider using one of the Fiddy styled 26/26 straps along with one of the larger 26 mm buckles.

It looks nice. I've also seen authentic straps that are noticed like that, so you're not the first one to do that.

dont notch it.

put the 24mm tubes in it and put it on.

give it a nice tug on each end to even it out and enjoy!

I will NEVER use 24mm straps on my 44mm watches again.

The BIG strap on 44mm case looks sick!

Of course, this is only my opinion, but it matters the most................................to me.

I have done it, and it looks so much better....expecially if your wrists are on the slim side,..

however it depends upon the material density and thickness of the strap ends.

Just change the sleeves to 24mm and give it a squeeze to see if it will go,.. if not,..

I have tried the shave and ruined a strap.. but maybe I was not as precise as I should have been.

26mm is just a smidgeon wider than 24mm - it will fit just fine. You will need to use 24mm sleeves (if you are using sleeves) but the band will fit as is.

Bill

Thanks for your input guys,

Looks like like I'll be giving this a go, time to go strap shopping!

You might want to look at EBay - a guy named Jeff there has sold me some very nice straps. He has some alligator ones that he "Guarantees to be the best Panerai strap on EBay." They were about $50 I think and I have to say that I was very surprised at the quality. I think I bought those in 24mm, but he may have them in 26.

Bill