When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster –sub-standard bracelet and sub-standard service from Joshua

norbert

After I have bought 3 watches from Joshua (two Lange and one Mont Blanc), which I like very much, I asked him for a recommendation for me and my wife (non Rolex, non PAM).

He highly recommended a FMuller conquistador for her and an Omega Seamaster GMT for me. I trusted, ordered and paid.

The FM looks great and works great.

The Omega Seamaster

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=224

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jos...20Eta%202836-2/

looks great and works great (apart from a troublesome crown and a minimally misaligned pearl and bezel)

but the SS bracelet is a major problem:

1. The pins in the links are screws. That is an unnecessary alteration to the original.

2. The above-mentioned screws are of extremely low quality and some were impossible to remove.

3. The end link is one piece instead of 5 (well known problem)

4. The lock is low quality and broke after a week !!

I reckon it to be a complete unnecessary thing to use faulty screws instead of pins. What is the point of producing a high end (250 USD) replica on a watch that does not even costs much more in the original and then put major flaws into the bracelet.

Now everything would long be forgotten and sorted if Joshua would have offered any kind of fix or replacement. I wish he would show the same kind of interest and rapid response as if you enquire a purchase. It looks like his gentlemen-ship ends when it comes to service. Since more than 10 days, he ignores all my emails. Given that he answered my purchase enquiries in the past always within hours, I reckon, he does not want to stand up for this below quality product.

Anyway, I have replaced the bracelet with a nice blue Sharkskin strap from Don and the watch looks fantastic. It needs to be pointed out again that all 5 watches I purchased from Joshua are of fantastic quality and looks.

I have difficulties to understand why a high standard replica dealer

A. Sends sub standard bracelets

B. Does not stand up for it

I've only ever read praise about Josh and have never ordered from him, so I can't comment on that, but the deterioration in quality of the Seamasters is now well known and documented.

I wasn't, however, aware of this latest change to the bracelets - using screws instead of hi-tensile pins and slip tubes - which is just another disappointing step backwards. The strap on your watch also has laser etched, rather than engraved, markings on the clasp. The strap you have is no better than that supplied on the supposedly inferior but certainly a lot cheaper Asian movement version of this watch, which is available for less than half the price.

I suppose the dealers can only supply what is being made, but pricing this watch higher than the previous 'best' SMPs is a bit off. I do not like the way things are going with Omega ETA based reps - prices are going up (+$100 with some models) while quality goes down.

My friend bought an SMP from Josh recently and it came with the screw bracelet. Although it is not as the gen, it was still a quality watch with impeccable service from Josh. I understand the desire for instant remedy, but patients among reputable dealers will prove worthwhile. I purchased a daytona from Josh a time ago. It came with all black hands, no lume. I informed Josh of the difference. A month or so went bye and i received new hands in the mail. He offered to pay to have them attached, I declined. He then offered a discount on my next purchase. I am sure if you are patient he will respond.

thom

Always great service from Josh. What email address did you use?

Birdman

Does that really matter? I press the -reply- button like I did with the last 20 emails we exchanged.

Hardly my job to check if he is still using the same adress he used while I was buying 5 watches.

The dissappointing fact is that I did all my homework. I found this forum, found a highly regarded dealer, ask him for his personal reccomendation----and still get a stupid quality.

Does not really work on the replica-market credibility.

Does that really matter? I press the -reply- button like I did with the last 20 emails we exchanged.

Hardly my job to check if he is still using the same adress he used while I was buying 5 watches.

:nono:

Josh went to the trouble to warn members here that his email address had been hijacked. He used the best means possible. If he cannot get access to the contacts list attached to that particular webmail address then you cannot expect to get a personal warning in your mailbox about it.

I expressed concerns about the deteriorating quality of ETA Omega Seamaster reps relative to their increasing price, but this is a market problem and proper feedback to the dealers will hopefully get the issues sorted and improve the situation for everyone.

You, however, now appear to be just another selfish individual blowing your top. Going by your registration date and number of posts it seems that you are yet another of many who's only 'contribution' to the forum is to turn it into a personal flame-pit when it suddenly suits you.

Edited by r11co

norbert

New arrival

Group: Members

Member No.: 977

norbert considering this that was only your second (2) post here I am staring to worry if your the type of person who only posts when there is trouble (= when you are having trouble) and is silent and do not contribute to the community the rest of the time. I hope it is not so and that you will be an valuable addition to our community.

Truth is that Joshua is probably the best replica dealer around maybe only river and EL (and neil if you dont insult him too badly) and a few others gives equal or better customer service around here. I am sure Josh will fix this for you if your are polite and send him the item in return.

Regards

Gran :)

:nono:

Josh went to the trouble to warn members here that his email address had been hijacked. He used the best means possible. If he cannot get access to the contacts list attached to that particular webmail address then you cannot expect to get a personal warning in your mailbox about it.

I expressed concerns about the deteriorating quality of ETA Omega Seamaster reps relative to their increasing price, but this is a market problem and proper feedback to the dealers will hopefully get the issues sorted and improve the situation for everyone.

You, however, now appear to be just another selfish individual blowing your top...

Interesting way to welcome a new member to the board, who brings up a real issue for discussion (quality of a rep and reachabilty of a dealer), by insulting him.

I really think that I have been very fair towards Josh and I always have pointed out how much I appreciate his service. I more than anything have expressed my surprise that I have not heard anything. His highjacked adress fact is new to me.

I am sure that Josh will contact me, but the last thing I expect on this board is to be called a "selfish individual blowing my top" by Mr. R11CO

Norbert

I had a PO from King and it is not screw in the bracelet but pins. It is the way is made. Close in one part and the other two side. Is it clear.

Nevertheless there are cheap quality pins. The watchsmith has a lot difficulty to remove and replace them. One is completely bend.

Interesting way to welcome a new member to the board, who brings up a real issue for discussion (quality of a rep and reachabilty of a dealer), by insulting him.

Hmm. A 'new member to the board' who claims to have bought five reps from Joshua??!!

Technically, everyone here is a new member as the board has been running for less than six weeks. I suspect while you are a new registree you must have plenty knowledge of the community to (i) know who Josh is and (ii) have ordered 5 watches from him.

Your 'real issue for discussion' is being discussed, but you aren't happy the way the discussion is going as your motivation is what, exactly??!! Your appeals for sympathy as a newbie don't work on me, and I'll let the rest of the readership draw their own conclusions too....

Edited by r11co

Hmm. A 'new member to the board' who claims to have bought five reps from Joshua??!!

Technically, everyone here is a new member as the board has been running for less than six weeks. I suspect while you are a new registree you must have plenty knowledge of the community to (i) know who Josh is and (ii) have ordered 5 watches from him.

Your 'real issue for discussion' is being discussed, but you aren't happy the way the discussion is going as your motivation is what, exactly??!! Your appeals for sympathy as a newbie don't work on me, and I'll let the rest of the readership draw their own conclusions too....

Your aggressive approach towards me surprises me. What have I done or said to upset you?? What incourages you to get involved in this discussion by 1. insulting me, 2. question my motives 3. accuse me of appealing for sympathy.

If that is all you can contribute, why do you not stay away?

Actually it does matter as his email was hijacked. It was not like he wanted to change email address.

Birdman

Edited spelling

Thank you! A highjacked email adress is certainly not Joshua`s fault. Also very difficult for me to suspect anything else than "being ignored" as this adress has worked beautifully in the past.

JOSHUA, if you read this: I apologise for questioning your service!!!! Looks like bad luck has stroke a bit.

But this discussion also has worked out that there are issues with the Seamaster`s bracelet which are unsatisfactory.

Norbert

I had a PO from King and it is not screw in the bracelet but pins. It is the way is made. Close in one part and the other two side. Is it clear.

Nevertheless there are cheap quality pins. The watchsmith has a lot difficulty to remove and replace them. One is completely bend.

Yes.. I wanted to say that from the start.. it look like screws but they are actualy pins...

Being in the jewelry trade, I see people mistake pins for screw all the time because the pin is split on oneside and looks like a screw. The side on the pin that looks like a screw comes out towards you. You push on the other side with a pin pusher.

Birdman

1. The pins in the links are screws. That is an unnecessary alteration to the original.

2. The above-mentioned screws are of extremely low quality and some were impossible to remove.

3. The end link is one piece instead of 5 (well known problem)

4. The lock is low quality and broke after a week !!

Same problem happened before with my SMP from Josh.

Read THIS

I read several postings complaining about Josh's SMP these days..

I think it is obvious that there is a problem on the bracelet of Josh's SMP..

Although I have watch tool kit, I had really hard time trying to remove

the screw which was stuck in the middle of the hole.

You guys may say that it's just a small problem and it's just a 'screw'..

but what can you do when you cannot remove the screw and cannot resize the bracelet?

I was so frustrated but did nothing to Josh. sent no email and didn't say dealer's name in this forum.

I thought telling the dealer's name would do harm to his business..and I didn't want it.

But this thing keeps happening...I think Josh has to comment on this.

I know a lot of people in this forum thinks he's a good dealer and I too agree,

but he can make mistake too and If he did, He should try to fix it.

He shouldn't just ignore these complaints.

Hope Josh would do the right thing..

Edited by nardis

Being in the jewelry trade, I see people mistake pins for screw all the time because the pin is split on oneside and looks like a screw. The side on the pin that looks like a screw comes out towards you. You push on the other side with a pin pusher.

Birdman

I know what you mean but, the omega pins are not split pins, they are solid pegs that fit into a sleeve.