When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dials with serious mistakes

gran

Lots of talk about the Sea-Gull movements lately....they also make their own watches

Unfortunately the individuals in charge of the Sea-Gull watches are as lacking in horological skills as the ones the make replicas....Someone was really asleep at the wheel at Sea-Gull...or is a result of the fact that time is divided in another way in China than we in the west are used to Chinese people tend to divide the hour into 12 intervals so maybe they are in the right and we are wrong

Can you spot the "glaring" mistakes in the dials on these Sea-Gull watches :g: take your time

picture to come

272181-3361.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1267/551429...d23cf5c35_o.jpg

I am looking forward to the answers :lol:

Edited by Gunnar Gran

I am shocked......this is RWG......you should know well what mistake is made on that sea-dial :g: solve this before TTK comes, solves and makes fun of us all

g. :lol:(yeah! I saw the chrono my friend)

Edited by Gunnar Gran

I understand that you are not used to this kind of watches but the mistake is so elementary that you will likely laugh when the solution comes...

@baltic

Yes this could be a mistake and I was thinking the same thing at first......but the mistake is actually much more serious one than that...you did not solve this one yet

Come on guys....solve it....before TTK arrives and spoils the fun :lol:

the 12 hour index on the minute hand is a bit odd

That is exactly the problem with this dial :1a:you are a true horologist now explain why this is so odd to all of us

(I appologize to all that I did not spot slickdicks answer before now....)

Edited by Gunnar Gran

C'mon peeps...

Regulateur config....Hour Aperture, Large seconds hand

So

Dial should be 0-60

Not

Hour markings

Surely superfluous

:thumbsupsmileyanim: You have proven that you are a true horologist Re :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You are absolutely correct :)

C'mon peeps...

Regulateur config....Hour Aperture, Large seconds hand

So

Dial should be 0-60

Not

Hour markings

Surely superfluous.

Must admit... This didn't seem obvious to me... The jump hour function was... But I guess I don't look at too many jump hours (most that I seem to recall paying attention to were the retrogrades, like GG, Chronoswiss, etc) or regulateurs for that matter...

You're spending way too much time staring at those micro-array expression chips!!!!!

:lol:

come to think of it ....your probably right...need to do (use my skills on) something else to stay sane ;)

Edited by Gunnar Gran

wow that small seconds is pretty crazy...multiple error if you ask me....does it relly say "50" after 55 or is it just a poor pick? :bicycle: