When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Americans come to the rescue!

ajoesmith

Ive ordered a few PC parts off ebay and the sellers wont ship to australia.

Basically i need an american member to help me out. Give me your address and ill pay for the items and get them shipped to your address in the US and you simply send to me in australia. Ill, of course, pay for the shipping.

Ive already asked a few members but they are either on hols or busy with work so I need the forums help.

If you can help let me know

Thanks

Just in case none of our american friends come through for you, ajoesmith;

Have you considered a mail forwarding service?

They are handy if you shop on ebay and buy from sellers unwilling to ship to your country.

I use one for US -> Norway, and it works great. My largest shipment so far was 34kgs.

Their shipping prices are reasonable compared to a direct shipment.

There are equivalents for US -> Australia.

You basically sign up on their site and they give you a personal american address that you give the ebay seller.

You book a shipment with the forwarding company, and when they receive it, they forward it to your Australian address.

Usually they handle eventual taxes and customs, and you get a bill in the mail for it.

..sorry if I am telling you things you already know.

-Ape-

the forwarding service is the only way to go, unless you have a personally known friend helping you out.

you want to protect yourself and the other person would want to be protected too.

I would hate to have your package arrive and then have the feds knock on my door holding 12 guns into my face and telling me: "Sir, move slowly away from this package" :wounded1:

or how about I receive your package, take all the goodies out and replace them with a stone and send it to you. Good luck in getting the goods you ordered.

go with the forwarding service.

I had a few members here that were willing to do this for me, i dont have their forum names on hand, but there were all very nice and handled it perfectly for me. i'm sure one of them will step up soon, if not i'll look up their screennames, if you want

forget about that mail forwading stuff, its expensive as hell.